Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Search Engines
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-08-30, 05:43 PM   #1
mudsnake
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Question SE index page questions

I was talking with someone a little bit ago and I think the SE's and Link trades maybe thinking I am trying some kind of trickery. I noticed that my other pages are getting picked up in the SE but not my index.php. Here what I think is happening when you go to my site you land on default page .com/index.html which is normal from there I linked to index.php which is were the main content of the site is. Since there is two index pages with different extensions I am guessing that, as pointed out, it might be considered spam or some kind of trick. This is not my intent.
Could this be why the SE's have not picked the .php page up? I know they can read my php code cause they have picked up the submit.php
If I change the index.php to something.html with the php code embedded will the SE's read it as a regualar .html doc. From my understanding they will.
Or should I just give it more time for SE to pick up index.php. I honestly think because I have two index pages it will not pick up the .php page. Are they going to consider it spam or trickery if I change it to .html.
Any insite on this would be great.

Muds Erotic Sluts
mudsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-30, 10:40 PM   #2
Maj. Stress
Progress rarely comes in buckets, it normally comes in teaspoons

Without seeing the site I couldn't say for sure. Which search engines are you talking about? The Big 3 use different factors in ranking pages for the serps.

It could just be that your .html page is more relevant to the se algos'. I would rename the index.php to something else tho.

How your site is designed and how you trade links could also be a factor.
Maj. Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-30, 10:56 PM   #3
mudsnake

My site Is http://www.mudseroticsluts.com/ I was actually on my way here when you replied cause now I am unsure if I should do anything. I just now found out that msn has the main domain listed. Since the index.php is the second page and is a IMO a large page with a bunch of outgoing links maybe I am just not being patient enough.

Muds Erotic Sluts
Old 2005-08-31, 12:04 AM   #4
Halfdeck
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to Halfdeck
From what I've read,

SE's are much slower when the pages end with a .php extension, especially with query strings attached.

Also, when SE are directed to http://www.xxx.com/ they first check to see if index.html exists, if not, they check for index.htm, and then index.php.

I personally avoid using both index.php and index.html in one directory. I'd also rename anything .php that isn't a pure script page into .html or .htm. They do get indexed much quicker that way.
Old 2005-09-01, 09:07 PM   #5
mudsnake

Halfdeck I did notice they are slower at picking up the .php pages. I personelly don't like 2 index pages but knowing very little about php. I was unsure about the script if I changed it. If I change index.php to erotic.html how is that going to affect the current listing of index.php? Or does it not matter since it's the second page of the site? I just don't want to throw up a red flag saying he's trying something watch him.

Muds Erotic Sluts
Old 2005-09-01, 11:23 PM   #6
Halfdeck
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to Halfdeck
I wouldn't worry about a red flag. If you're already pulling SE traffic with index.php, it's your call what to do with it, but if its a relatively new page, personally I'd just rename it.
Old 2005-09-01, 11:29 PM   #7
mudsnake

Thayou very much I will do that

Muds Erotic Sluts