Greenguy's Board WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2006-01-19, 01:43 PM   #1
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Hosting hell

First and foremost...this is not an invitation for fly by hosting spammers...

Looks like I'm going to have to move FPP again. The current host moved my server to another noc a few days ago and things have been pretty fucked up since. I'm currently making calls...finalizing where the site will be moved and when...will update this thread when I know more. Think it's time to cut out these 'cheap' hosts and move up to one of the high end providers. I'm damn tired of this crap

The other odd thing...I'd noticed traffic to one of my sponsors from another domain hosted on this server has been dropping the past few weeks. Slowly, but dropping nonetheless...about 30-40% as of now. Yet, server stats show traffic actually increasing slightly to the domain over the same time frame. So, this morning when I noticed the server had slowed to a crawl...I traced the domain. The trace ends at a domain that's not mine...yet has the ip numbers of my domain tacked on the front of it as a subdomain. The domain appears to be new and by the name is very spammy. Never seen anything like this so have no idea wtf it means...but sure might explain a few things.

The straw that broke the camels back was when I called the host and was told that they're still dealing with their upstream provider crisis and can't deal with this issue until 'later'...

Okay...enough whining on the subject...time to find a new host! Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am...lol.

Oh, and if anyone has any ideas of wtf this trace means...I'd love to hear em!
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote