Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-04-02, 06:16 AM   #1
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Location: in the Matrix Glitching on an Endless Loop. Loop. Loop. Loop. Loo
Something strange (hotlinking question I think) CAREFUL PLEASE

BE CAREFUL/PROTECTED BEFORE CLICKING ANY LINKS IN THIS THREAD!!!!
I'm getting strange shit going on in my server stats... this russian site http://www.fn.com.ua/ is showing up in my stats and linking to one of my free sites at
http://www.fn.com.ua/free_pics/11/60...d_Nipples.html only with a bunch of russian ads around it

my site is http://yougetoff.com/girl_with_pierced_nipples/

when I click thru from my server stats to the site in question my hotlink protection seems to be working, but they have a text link that says "if you don't see the photos please click here" and when you click it everything shows up fine??? and there are still russina ads around it? WTF is this? is it a simple htaccess fix for me to block this stuff? any help or explanation would be appreciated

my sponsor codes haven't been changed but there is a homepage hijacking virus on that site and I would like to block the whole friggin' thing and not worry about it anymore if possible.... and this site is linking a ton of sites and galleries and from what I can tell it is a lot of stuff that gets listed at Tommy's as the description that Tommy's gave my site is also appearing on the hotlinked page and when I was checking stuff out there were a lot of Tommy's buttons on the sites/galleries
Old 2005-04-02, 07:21 AM   #2
frankthetank
Stupid risks make life worth living

Send a message via ICQ to frankthetank
When I clicked it I got different images to see. I think another but yours gallery.
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-04-02, 07:28 AM   #3
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
When I clicked it I got different images to see. I think another but yours gallery.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean frankthetank... which link did you click on and what exactly did you see?

dammit where is Cleo with her mac to check things out for me?
Old 2005-04-02, 07:30 AM   #4
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinky
I'm not exactly sure what you mean frankthetank... which link did you click on and what exactly did you see?

dammit where is Cleo with her mac to check things out for me?
shit I just clicked the link and know exactly what you are talking about frankthetank... there is now a different gallery showing up.... WTF???
Old 2005-04-02, 07:34 AM   #5
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

The first page is taking your page code and putting it in a new page with iFrame stuff added in. Your hotlinking protection should be kicking in but I'm still seeing the pics on that page too.

The "if you don't see the photos please click here" loads your page in a frame so about the only thing that you can do is put frame breaking cod eon your page.
<script language="Javascript">
<!--
if (top.location != location) top.location.href = location.href;
//-->
</script>
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-04-02, 07:39 AM   #6
Kinky
HEY NOW!

hey Cleo are you seeing a socal-coeds gallery when you click that page? it was going to a free site warning page of mine with a bunch of recips but it changed in the last 30 minutes or so to somebody elses gallery (I think bacause I updated my htaccess earlier)
Old 2005-04-02, 07:53 AM   #7
frankthetank

I saw exactly that socal gallery, not your warning page which I checked before.

I think you can block his domain in htaccess, but that wouldn´t protect your site from others hotlinking your site into a frame.

So Cleo´s solution is the only one which helps.
Old 2005-04-02, 07:53 AM   #8
Cleo

Yes I do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what-I-see.jpg (84.0 KB, 254 views)
Old 2005-04-02, 07:55 AM   #9
frankthetank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo
Yes I do
That´s exactly what i saw. But it´s not his site any longer.
Old 2005-04-02, 08:00 AM   #10
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
I saw exactly that socal gallery, not your warning page which I checked before.

I think you can block his domain in htaccess, but that wouldn´t protect your site from others hotlinking your site into a frame.

So Cleo´s solution is the only one which helps.
yeah THANKS for checking it out frankthetank and thanks Cleo I was looking into it last night thru google about the frame busting stuff but I though I would start a thread as these fuckers are linking a lot of other people too... and the russian ads and installs from xpartner.biz which pays $20 lame ass dollars per 1000 installs pissed me off and other people need to know to block these assholes too
Old 2005-04-02, 08:07 AM   #11
digifan
...and since we know an end will come it makes our living so much fun

Send a message via ICQ to digifan
This frame buster code is even shorter but works nevertheless and goes to the body tag
<body onLoad="if (self != top) top.location = self.location"

Webair Rocks
digifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-04-02, 08:13 AM   #12
Cleo

Nice code

Since it doesn't have the word JavaScript in it maybe it would get by most of the TGP scripts.
Old 2005-04-02, 08:15 AM   #13
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digifan
This frame buster code is even shorter but works nevertheless and goes to the body tag
<body onLoad="if (self != top) top.location = self.location"
I think as soon as they figured out that I knew waht they were doing they got rid of my site... but you can see that the link description girl_with_pierced_nipples is clearly from my site.... and I don't wanna have to put in a frame buster on all of my sites (or is that a standard thing to do?) and the gallery that replaced my site has Tommy's recip on it too which makes me think that they are pretty much linking to a lot of stuff that Tommy links too and basically ripping people off the really easy way
Old 2005-04-02, 08:19 AM   #14
Cleo

I have frame busting code on many of my pages at my link list due to just this kind of problem.

I didn't know about the code that digifan posted and may give it a try on stuff that I couldn't use mine on do to scripts checking for the word JavaScript but I have a feeling that the scripts also check for OnLoad anyway.
Old 2005-04-02, 08:29 AM   #15
Kinky
HEY NOW!

I just don't get it these idiots do shit like that for $20 per 1000 installs? you could use an e-mail program and get a much better return... I wouldn't care too much about the frame linking since my codes are all in place but the installs and nasty shit piss me off

AND THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYBODY!!!
Old 2005-04-02, 09:36 AM   #16
digifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo
I have frame busting code on many of my pages at my link list due to just this kind of problem.

I didn't know about the code that digifan posted and may give it a try on stuff that I couldn't use mine on do to scripts checking for the word JavaScript but I have a feeling that the scripts also check for OnLoad anyway.
Yes they do so I don't use it on my tgp galleries... I had to add it once a while back after it got accepted due to a heavy Japanese hacker attack... I don't think there is a better expression for a forum which can send you 137 k uniques per hour.

Webair Rocks
Old 2005-04-02, 09:41 AM   #17
digifan

Here they go: http://web.aisex.com/pics/messages/721438.html alone sent me 350 k in two hours... they are hosted with servermatrix so the sponsor called them and sent an email asap because they posted her exclusive content I was using in that gallery but nothing happened. And the sponsor is in the USA.

PS
Just found the screenshot...

Webair Rocks
Old 2005-04-02, 10:27 AM   #18
jmf000
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Greetings.

Whatever technics you use to push your page from the iframe into top frame you won't benefit from this. Because the surfers from those free cheating sites won't buy anything. They won't buy a thing even if your page will be fullscreen showed up on their desktops.
So why bother placing javascript/nonjavascript busting code then? Anyway you will burn your bandwith for nothing.

2Cleo: Would you list on your LL free sites with such codes on their galleries? I think no.
Old 2005-04-02, 10:32 AM   #19
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf000
Greetings.

Whatever technics you use to push your page from the iframe into top frame you won't benefit from this. Because the surfers from those free cheating sites won't buy anything. They won't buy a thing even if your page will be fullscreen showed up on their desktops.
So why bother placing javascript/nonjavascript busting code then? Anyway you will burn your bandwith for nothing.

2Cleo: Would you list on your LL free sites with such codes on their galleries? I think no.
do you suggest to just let it go?
Old 2005-04-02, 10:52 AM   #20
jmf000

Quote:
do you suggest to just let it go?
To say shortly Yes.
If your site once loaded in a frame you force it load once again knowing that this is worthless. Not a cool method I think. And again : you will likely be banned on TGPs which list your such pages. Almost none of them allow scripting and (which is more) they do not tolerate changing galleries after listing.
Geo-targetting is less noticeable thing. But I don't suggest you using it to avoid ban. Though it is unlikely that a free cheapskate will report your geo-targetting.

This is an issue which requires authority actions I think. Report to sponsor and this is the most you can do.

Thanks.
P.S. the cheating domain is Ukrainian not Russian. If anybody cares.
Old 2005-04-02, 11:11 AM   #21
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
To say shortly Yes.
If your site once loaded in a frame you force it load once again knowing that this is worthless. Not a cool method I think. And again : you will likely be banned on TGPs which list your such pages. Almost none of them allow scripting and (which is more) they do not tolerate changing galleries after listing.
Geo-targetting is less noticeable thing. But I don't suggest you using it to avoid ban. Though it is unlikely that a free cheapskate will report your geo-targetting.

This is an issue which requires authority actions I think. Report to sponsor and this is the most you can do.

Thanks.
P.S. the cheating domain is Ukrainian not Russian. If anybody cares.
so some asshole is loading my sites in frames, using other peoples content to promote his "ukranian" ads and I should just let it happen because why? I don't care if it is russian, ukranian, or egyptian it is still the same thing.... THEFT did you go and look at the site? it is FULL of sites and galleries that I can assure you do not want to be there because the traffic is exactly as you said in your earlier post: worthless
Old 2005-04-03, 05:20 AM   #22
jmf000

Quote:
so some asshole is loading my sites in frames, using other peoples content to promote his "ukranian" ads and I should just let it happen because why? I don't care if it is russian, ukranian, or egyptian it is still the same thing.... THEFT did you go and look at the site? it is FULL of sites and galleries that I can assure you do not want to be there because the traffic is exactly as you said in your earlier post: worthless
You misunderstand what I said.
The most you can do is to report to your sponsor and they will take appropriate actions. I hope they know what to do. You can surely contact their hoster yourself.
I could advise you to block referring domains *.ua, *.ru etc in your .htaccess. You can even redirect such requests back to refering page and their surfers will be pissed from endless loops of iframing. But most of their surfers hide HTTP_REFERER via proxies or in clients.
Tearing through the iframe into main top frame will give you nothing but a bit more bandwith theft. I discouraged you to use that technics. And you are encouraged to contact every responsible person who hosts/registers/links those cheating sites either personaly or via your sponsor (which is more preferable).
Technicaly you can do almost nothing, unfortunately.
Old 2005-04-03, 05:41 PM   #23
BlueQuartz
The only guys who wear Hawaiian shirts are gay guys and big fat party animals

Quote:
The most you can do is to report to your sponsor and they will take appropriate actions. I hope they know what to do. You can surely contact their hoster yourself.
I could advise you to block referring domains *.ua, *.ru etc in your .htaccess. You can even redirect such requests back to refering page and their surfers will be pissed from endless loops of iframing. But most of their surfers hide HTTP_REFERER via proxies or in clients.
Tearing through the iframe into main top frame will give you nothing but a bit more bandwith theft. I discouraged you to use that technics. And you are encouraged to contact every responsible person who hosts/registers/links those cheating sites either personaly or via your sponsor (which is more preferable).
yep, i agree
BlueQuartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-04-03, 07:38 PM   #24
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
yeah I did misunderstand you a bit, sorry I was drinking at the time and didn't mean to jump down your throat I i did block that site in my htaccess and they are not linking my page anymore
Old 2005-04-04, 07:13 AM   #25
grzepa
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Hey kinky im seeing the same shit in my logs....
grzepa is offline   Reply With Quote