Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-10-17, 12:25 PM   #51
lordaron
Trying is the first step towards failure

http://www.xpowerlinks.com/ <-- that looks like a really good script, and its reasonably priced indeed, 400$ for linkadmin is just a bith harsh for me even though its cool with that no-templates function and everything.

So how are the templates to work with on xpowerlinks? I just hate configuring templates in links 2.0, that is the biggest drawback to any ll script as far as im concerned, the damn templates!
lordaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 12:34 PM   #52
Pimplinks
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Quote:
Originally posted by lordaron
[url]
So how are the templates to work with on xpowerlinks? I just hate configuring templates in links 2.0, that is the biggest drawback to any ll script as far as im concerned, the damn templates!
It's easy, very easy. You put a tag for to display your main listing, an other tag for your friends list etc etc. You can design what you want.
You have 5 templates to customize - main page, search page, category, bookmark and the submit page.
Pimplinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 12:52 PM   #53
lordaron

sounds jollygood! I really like the design on your site as well, this will have to be the LL script I'll buy

just one more question, can you fix positions for listings, like put your own sites in a favourable position etc?

Last edited by lordaron; 2004-10-17 at 12:54 PM..
Old 2004-10-17, 01:16 PM   #54
SI
You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

Quote:
Originally posted by lordaron
sounds jollygood! I really like the design on your site as well, this will have to be the LL script I'll buy

just one more question, can you fix positions for listings, like put your own sites in a favourable position etc?
Yes, you can, just type number of positoin in the "pos" field for any site you want and press "save the changes" thats all.
Old 2004-10-17, 01:33 PM   #55
Pimplinks
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Quote:
Originally posted by SI
Yes, you can, just type number of positoin in the "pos" field for any site you want and press "save the changes" thats all.
As he said!

Pimplinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 03:46 PM   #56
lordaron

Im definatly getting this script yeah
Old 2004-10-18, 08:46 PM   #57
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Yup, it's a great script. I run it at Fetish Philes. There's an update due any day now
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 09:30 AM   #58
spacemanspiff
Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Send a message via ICQ to spacemanspiff
Has anyone done a transfer from another script, like GT, to this script. I'm wondering how much of a pain it will be.

Also, I like to build my link sections in a separate folder on plain white pages with no meta tags, body tags, html tags or anything, and include them on the main category pages. I assume you can do that, correct?