Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-03-26, 09:55 AM   #14
Maya
Trying is the first step towards failure

I've been busy these last two weeks taking care of a tiny baby hare we found hopping around in a heavy traffic industry-area, where I do some part time work at night.

He was only 125g (0.3 lbs) when we found him, which is supposed to be below the usual birthweight of these guys. Anyway, now after 2 weeks he weighs almost 500g (1.1 lbs) and we are beginning to wonder what we do when he gets too big for the little giunea pig cage we have him in
I think we'll have to build him something in the garden, he will have to get used to being outside anyway if we are going to have any hope of successfully releasing him back into nature when he's old enough.

He drinks baby-cat milk and eats a little grass and other greens, but it's pretty early in the year still, and almost nothing is growing outside. Hehe, this is the first time I've been waiting impatiently for the weeds to start coming up, so we can feed him dandelions

http://ms-internet.dk/leveret/ ... sorry, my mobile camera could be better

Last picture is a couple of days old, his ears are at least a couple of centimeters longer already. lol

Besides that, I have a hard time putting myself up to submitting these days... I think I am less of an optimist when it comes to the economy than most of you guys, I sincerely doubt it will get any better for a long time, and online cc sales will probably get less and less... I hope i'm wrong of course, but I doubt it.