Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-09-07, 10:08 AM   #1
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Good Sunday Morning 9/7/14

Haven't started a thread in a long time so here we go!

Allergies hit me pretty bad Friday, and I spent yesterday vegging and eating way too many potato chips, so I made me some veggie soup for breakfast and trying to get back into the groove to have a more productive Sunday.

Weather is supposed to start getting rainy this afternoon with Norbert coming ashore. I welcome the rain, but not the humidity.

Have a great day all!
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 11:18 AM   #2
ecchi
Banned

Spent the morning putting up a couple of display cases for my collection of Oriental thingamies (Japanese Netsuke, Chinese snuff boxes and scent bottles, clockwork singing bird in a cage, etc). My collection includes antiques and modern reproductions. You cannot tell the difference by looking at them, and it pisses off purists that I mix originals and reproductions. But I collect them because I like the look of them, not because of their age/worth/collectability. Hell I even considered buying a reproduction of a Japanese God figurine on eBay, that was made of celluloid and originally came in a Cracker Jack box. I did not buy it because it was too expensive (apparently a rare and much sought after item among collectors of Cracker Jack toys) and the postage from US to UK, with insurance, was prohibitive. However, if I had bought it, it would have gone in the same display case as hand carved, several hundred year old, originals.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 01:39 PM   #3
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Got up somewhat early and went bike riding.

NowI 'm sitting here naked trying to recover from being baked in the summer heat while bike riding as I eat some oatmeal contemplating going to the gym and working out in the A/C.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote