Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-30, 04:32 PM   #1
balls_deep
If you really need money, you can sell your kidney or even your car

I Quit Smoking

since i don't post here much i thought maybe i'd see what the response here is to my not smoking campaign. It's been about 46 hours without a cigarette now, longer than i have been without a smoke in over 10 years and im going a little nuts. I am however determined and don't see any sign of cracking.

any words of wisom?

I don't eat sweets so gum and things are not helpful.

i hate being responsible
balls_deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 11:34 PM   #2
tomuchcash
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

OMG dont give up!
wish my partner had that much self control!
tomuchcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 11:01 AM   #3
adult_zed
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Send a message via ICQ to adult_zed
good..
try to not eat too much
46 hours very good result!
dont give up!
adult_zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 07:16 PM   #4
GinaCochina
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

When I quit, I finally did it by convincing myself that I hadn't quit, I just hadn't had one lately. I'd tell myself I was still a smoker, but I hadn't had a cigarette in two days, which became two weeks, and eventually became almost two years. I know it sounds dumb, but it worked for me. It was thinking about quitting that always made me panic and start again.
The #1 Name In Hardcore
GinaCochina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:42 PM   #5
cockhungryhoes
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

I quit smoking after 15 yrs. Started getting chest pain. I used the patch. It worked good, but it's still a mind fuck. I would suggest this to anyone trying to stop. Don't go cold turkey. The box said use the strong one 21 mg. for 2 Weeks, then step down. I say don't step down until your good and ready. I wore the 21mg patch for 6 weeks, instead of 2 lol. It worked. Put it on your arm just below your shoulder, it works best above your heart. Put a new one on in the morning when you crave the most.
I did smoke after 7 days and it did me a lot of good, it tasted like shit. In my mind it was going to be great, when it wasn't it did a lot for me.

It's now been 6 years since I quit. I still want one every now and then.
cockhungryhoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 02:54 AM   #6
SheepGuy
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaCochina View Post
When I quit, I finally did it by convincing myself that I hadn't quit, I just hadn't had one lately. I'd tell myself I was still a smoker, but I hadn't had a cigarette in two days, which became two weeks, and eventually became almost two years. I know it sounds dumb, but it worked for me. It was thinking about quitting that always made me panic and start again.
That makes very good sense to me. I quit blow pretty much the same way, eventually it got to the point where I didn't know anyone who had any anymore, so whenever I got the urge it was tough shit for me
I had a toot about 15 years ago though, after about 5 years without, and my heart did a tap dance I didn't like. Haven't touched it since.
Smoking though, is much harder for me to walk away from. Toking, well, I just plain like it.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:20 AM   #7
sue-fl
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to sue-fl
Hang in there I quit a while back and here are a few things that worked for me.

Lot's of cold water
Tootise Roll Pops.....always had one in my mouth!
Each day it will get easier, I went on Chintrax (sp) and that helped with a lot of the side affects.
As far as weight gain goes that is a part of quitting, I have gained quite a few pounds since I quit. I start at the gym next week to take it all off

As far as how I feel it's wonderful I feel like I can do the gym in the morning, walk the dog 3 miles every night and still be able to breathe. Hell me and dog may even turn that walk into a jog I FEEL THAT GOOD
sue-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 02:18 PM   #8
Licker4U
Mean people suck, nice people swallow, are you mean or nice?

Send a message via ICQ to Licker4U Send a message via AIM to Licker4U
I quit smoking 30 or so years ago for two years then did something stupid, smoked one to see what it would do. I got hooked again. When I quit though, one thing that helped me was just telling myself to wait one more hour then I could have a cig. When that hour was up, I would tell myself the same thing again, wait one more hour. I know it sounds stupid but I took it one hour at a time and then the days started adding up. For me it was the first two weeks that were the worst. The cravings never went away, they were just farther and farther apart. After a year, the craving for a cig came about once a week, lasted for only a few seconds, but for a few seconds I would have KILLED for one. But like I said, the craving only lasted a few seconds and I could push through that. Hang in there. I haven't seen anyone dieing from lung cancer or emphysema but it seems like a nasty way to go. Now that my weight is under control (I've lost 37 pounds and am down to 187), quitting smoking is next on my list.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:00 PM   #9
jennym
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to jennym
I quit 9 months ago cold turkey. I caught bronchitis and didn't want to/couldn't smoke for about 5 days then never picked one up after. It was a little tough since the husband still smokes, but I was determined and stubborn. One thing that helped with the hand to mouth thing in the beginning was Twizzlers.
They are chewy enough that they take several minutes to eat if you eat them slowly. They helped me A TON!!! Also, I did it completely opposite of Gina. After the first 2 days, I just told myself it was stupid to smoke, because I wasn't a smoker anymore.
Any way you do it, good luck!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gallery-msg-1095881145-2.jpg (50.4 KB, 134 views)
jennym is offline   Reply With Quote