Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Brainfart: Tiered Membership With VOD? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=73859)

Greenguy 2023-04-27 11:48 AM

Brainfart: Tiered Membership With VOD?

I was gonna call & ask Ramster, but I know he's busy :D

Here's the brainfart: Turn the sites into membership/VOD sites, where surfers can buy individual Scenes, and have a tiered membership system where a:
- Regular Membership gets you access to any Scenes over 3-6 months old
- Premium Membership gets you access to EVERYTHING on the site

We're thinking about $10-15/month for a Regular, $35-45/month for a Premium, and Scenes would be $10 each.

So, is this doable in ElevatedX & NATS, and if so, who wants to help me do it?|lol|

Ramster 2023-04-27 05:00 PM

Keep it OUT of NATS! A, it's not needed and B, the small transactions will add up and push your NATS to a new tier which will cost more $ per month.

Elevatedx has VOD obviously and in Elevatedx, you could do a tiered membership by using the trial plugin. You could set up a trial area and the trial area would have the limited content, only the past 3-6 months, then the non trial members get access to everything.

I have sites with trial members area and the default setting is number of videos so if you want to limit them to 3 months and you release 1 scene a week, that's 12 videos so you set the trial to 12.

Very little programming to be honest, if any. Elevatedx might be able to help since it's their default setting. . And I can point you in the right direction for that.

Greenguy 2023-04-28 08:35 AM

I'll obviously be calling you about this|lol|

JAI-LING 2023-04-29 01:58 AM

Its a great concept.

Some of our Japanese partners have been doing this for years. But also a new trend is just to go VOD. No downloads. They are doing it for legal reasons or potential reasons in the future.

I would give a streaming only option and maybe a streaming and a few downloads in addition to the per video cost. Just my 2 cents.

Greenguy 2023-04-29 09:33 AM

Thank you! |shake|

JAI-LING 2023-05-01 01:32 AM

I keep hearing positive things about Elevated X.

Greenguy 2023-05-02 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 570995)
Elevatedx has VOD obviously and in Elevatedx, you could do a tiered membership by using the trial plugin. You could set up a trial area and the trial area would have the limited content, only the past 3-6 months, then the non trial members get access to everything.

Actually, it'd be the opposite: Trial Members would get everything BUT the last 3-6 months (not sure if that means anything as far as set-up)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 570995)
I have sites with trial members area and the default setting is number of videos so if you want to limit them to 3 months and you release 1 scene a week, that's 12 videos so you set the trial to 12.

Examples? I wanna show my boss a couple before we dive into it.

My concern is that it'll be too confusing for the surfers...

Ramster 2023-05-02 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 571035)
Actually, it'd be the opposite: Trial Members would get everything BUT the last 3-6 months (not sure if that means anything as far as set-up)

Examples? I wanna show my boss a couple before we dive into it.

My concern is that it'll be too confusing for the surfers...

Blocking the most recent scenes is going to be a problem and require custom programming. Message me and I can give you access to a trial rea site where we choose 3 videos the trial members can see and to get access to all of the new content, they need to upgrade to a full monthly account.