Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I'm sorry I've been scarce... (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=63252)

Greenguy 2011-12-20 10:17 AM

I'm sorry I've been scarce...

I pretty much took Sunday off from the computer. Yesterday, when I tried to work, I noticed that both hands & all my fingers went cold & numb after sitting for about 5 minutes. I also have a couple toes that have pins & needles in them all the time & my back is numb from 1/2 way down to my waist. Any time I stretch just a little bit, my legs lock up. I'm a mess :(

I'm waiting for my doc to call me back to see what he wants to do.

So while I'm like this, I won't be online too much. I'm gonna try & get LOR updated after I go lay down & regain feeling in my hands.

Merry Christmas :)

Cleo 2011-12-20 11:03 AM

Wow that sucks :(

Hopefully next year will be better for all of us.

Fonz 2011-12-20 12:00 PM

Yeah greenie, take care of yourself first and then do the other stuff.

RedCherry 2011-12-20 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 511696)
Yeah greenie, take care of yourself first and then do the other stuff.

I agree with this. Hopefully, they can find something to help you get better.

bDok 2011-12-20 01:06 PM

Man I so hope one of these doctos can get you feeling better. Sux you are having to deal with this for so long man. Get better.

Cleo 2011-12-20 01:28 PM

Maybe time to see some new doctors. At least that is what I'm doing and my new doctors don't seem to have anything good to say about what this doctor did to my leg.

Simon 2011-12-20 01:43 PM

Here's hoping you're better long before you wear out your first set of tennis balls. ;)

CaptainJSparrow 2011-12-20 03:04 PM

Damn man, hope you get better soon.

Greenguy 2011-12-20 03:12 PM

I've got an appt to see my doctor tomorrow - and I agree, if he cdan't help me - and fast - I'm going to get a 2nd opinion next week.

Thanks for all the well wishes :)

Bill 2011-12-20 05:54 PM

That does sound nerve-wracking dude. Take care of yourself, and good luck with the docs.

dunc 2011-12-20 06:18 PM

Good luck Greenie - that sounds shit

~NH~ 2011-12-20 06:42 PM

Good Luck Greenie. Hope Things Get Better Soon.

|cheers|

pc 2011-12-21 09:18 AM

That's not good. Good luck and fingers crossed for the app.

Ramster 2011-12-21 09:47 AM

That totally blows, hopefully you got this resolved at some point and soon.

stach14 2011-12-21 02:33 PM

Get better soon bud. That sucks and makes for shitty times. I agree get a second opinion if current doctor is just twiddling thumbs, your the one dealing with it not him.

Greenguy 2011-12-21 02:36 PM

Doc still wants to "wait & see" We looked at the last MRI & it's close to needing surgery, but now quite there. He thinks that time will take it in the good direction - if not, then surgery.

He gave me some new meds to help with any possible swelling, so we'll see how those work.

So far, 15 min at the computer & while my hands are numbing, they have not gone cold, which is an improvement |thumb

LeRoy 2011-12-21 02:58 PM

That sucks Greenie :(

Hope you get better soon.

Useless 2011-12-21 09:28 PM

You had to know that all those years of performing a naked contortionist routine for Cirque du Soleil would catch up with you eventually.

Hope your body stops punishing you soon. |smooch|

JustRobert 2011-12-21 10:53 PM

Seriously hope this doctor, or new ones, fix you fast!

housekeeper 2011-12-22 12:41 PM

If you're not seeing a neurologist already, this sounds like something that would require one, did they speak to you about nerve damage after your operation. I still strongly advocate acupuncture, but the other issue seems to be related to your blood flow.

Otherwise you'd be wise to research holistic medicine, you've got to get yourself together, this doesn't sound like a condition that should linger unattended to.

plateman 2011-12-23 02:48 AM

been lurking and had to login to try and help you pull out and recover from your surgery... Takes full strength to ward off all the assholes that are left|couch|

Really greenie I do hope you make a full recovery...It's close to what happened to me, Have good easy life, fun as hell to make money and go broke then find out your body is like a whore house - all fucked out (LOL) I killed mine doing all kinds of crazy shit

Then gotta take insane strong pain meds that dam near kill you if you miss a day, then I have a artificial physical life and the gov won't give me disability, they said cause of my past job description that it should be easy to find a easy sit down job...

but bender and bender can get it and going again to reapply...I could of had it 2 years ago if I would have lied and said I had no income but the web money I didnt think it would matter and was under what you can make a month "Once you have it" so I know its fucked

I had a car hit me at 15 almost torn my leg off right after the knee and then I was born with back irregularities and findout my back is fucked they won't touch it c5,6,7 is fucked plus lower back is bad couple bad vert there and there is something wrong with the rest of them also...and didnt findout till my late 30s and never really had any problems up intill then...

Hang in there...

PhoneMistress 2011-12-23 04:28 AM

Plateman after you were denied did you reapply and get a second denial to go before the board? Just about everyone who gets to that point are accepted. I think the system is designed to make you cry uncle after the first then second denial letter. When you pony up and hire a lawyer for the hearing guess they figure you are serious and rubber stamp it.

Don't know what happened to you Greenie and naturally I wish you all the best. I concur with housekeeper. The holistic stuff may not "cure" you BUT it may make your day-to-day bearable. The thing about surgery (any surgery really) is usually nowadays it's not the surgery that messes you up but the rehabilitation after. Get a second and third opinion.

Take care and be safe.

plateman 2011-12-23 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneMistress (Post 511790)
Plateman after you were denied did you reapply and get a second denial to go before the board? Just about everyone who gets to that point are accepted. I think the system is designed to make you cry uncle after the first then second denial letter. When you pony up and hire a lawyer for the hearing guess they figure you are serious and rubber stamp it.

It was nice that you wanted to know more details..

I applied twice and the first time I made way to much and that was when things in our world was starting to show, then after the crash in adult I applied again this time I made under and was turned down then filed a disagree and they explained why they turned it down again, then I let time run out instead of getting a att. then I call binder and binder and they wanted my mris and xrays and said sure we can get it - you deserve it..that took about a month to review everything...

And I get a call, now we are gonna ask a few more questions while we start over and get you your money and as soon as I told them I make X amount of dollars from a old web biz - they say it shouldnt be a problem but let me ask my boss and sure enough they would not take it then...we have a strict "no working policy" after they came back from being on hold

mOrrI 2011-12-26 12:00 PM

Hope you are feeling better man...

Get well soon! :D