Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thursday, 2023-01-12, Pre-Friday 13th (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=73621)

JAI-LING 2023-01-12 03:24 AM

Thursday, 2023-01-12, Pre-Friday 13th

Today has been a busy day with on-line work, off-line work and snapping videos of the Golden Bear. Tomorrow is movie night and then on to parties in Akihabara and the West.
Parties are masked only so not sure how that will go.

Enjoy your day to come.

Greenguy 2023-01-12 08:27 AM

Morning! |waves|

The new med my |loony| doctor put me on has me a bit |loony| but I guess that was expected |huh

I think/hope I have a scene to do today - XMas & Vegas always seem to fuck us (well, technically, poor planning fucks us, but...)

Bills by a billion of the Dolphins on Sunday - put the mortgage on it!

Ramster 2023-01-12 08:50 AM

Good morning |coffee

I flew to Scottsdale (Phoenix) last night for some meetings today then it's the red eye tonight |flyaway| but not until I get to watch my |hockey| team play here |banana| What a fluke as it was not planned but Ottawa is playing the Arizona Coyotes here tonight. Now, where will I be able to find a Sens t-shirt since I didn't bring one lol |huh

Breakfast meeting at 9am followed by some work discussions then work off and on throughout the day. Have a good one |thumb

JustRobert 2023-01-12 10:23 AM

Good Morning :)

Have another appt today and this one is an hour away. I'm glad it's not raining and the sun is out. Weather will go back to raining this Saturday again supposedly.

Besides that it's just grunt work for me and doing a little more work outside to hopefully stop the garage from flooding during the next storm.

Enjoy your Thursday!

JAI-LING 2023-01-12 11:10 PM

After the Damar Hamlin story I've been reading a number of sports writers talking about the level of hate fans are showing at games. Anyone here who goes to sporting events sense an uptick?

Just curious. Has it been a slow rise or is it spiking hard?

Pagan 2023-01-13 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAI-LING (Post 570048)
After the Damar Hamlin story I've been reading a number of sports writers talking about the level of hate fans are showing at games. Anyone here who goes to sporting events sense an uptick?

Just curious. Has it been a slow rise or is it spiking hard?

I honestly think it is spiking EVERYWHERE. I know people are frustrated, but do they have to take it out on everything no matter where they are? We see it with sports because that is one place you are expected to be able to let those emotions loose. We no longer tolerate or appreciate those who have a different point of view than we do - we expect everyone to fit into our narrow little definitions and if they don't they must be eliminated with as much hatred and venom as possible.

JAI-LING 2023-01-13 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 570050)
I honestly think it is spiking EVERYWHERE. I know people are frustrated, but do they have to take it out on everything no matter where they are? We see it with sports because that is one place you are expected to be able to let those emotions loose. We no longer tolerate or appreciate those who have a different point of view than we do - we expect everyone to fit into our narrow little definitions and if they don't they must be eliminated with as much hatred and venom as possible.

I'm seeing that too albeit through TV news and MSM. I don't trust many of the sources I see so I wanted a confirmation it is a real problem and growing. It's like the world is at a snapping/breaking point.

"I believe X is true. If you do not believe that X is true then you support hate speech." It's a strange hard authoritarian lifestyle.

I see it everyday in the fights between Gender Critical and Trans Rights Activists. Mostly from the TRAs.

There are some protests kicking off this weekend in UK. I expect to see blood.