Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EURO 2008 - the official thread? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=47451)

Thomas 2008-06-10 11:49 AM

EURO 2008 - the official thread?

First game for Sweden starting in 3 hours :) .

Sweden-Greece. If only Zlatan Ibrahimovic can wake up and show some masterpieces, I think we can win tonight.
But hey, 2 pretty lousy teams... anyone can win.

Nice to see Holland buttfuck the italian-easy-to-fall-all-the-time-loosers yesterday.

After seeing yesterdays game, I believe that Holland will win the whole thing.

/Thomas

stuveltje 2008-06-10 02:09 PM

Heay Stu<------- is watching the soccer euro 2008 also and the dutchies played a great game, only the dutchies have one problem, many times they showed when they did one good game, that they thought they had the world in their hands..wrong thinking and they lost every game after it, now if they keep thinking straight and keep playing like they have to fight for all then yep then they can win the euro 2008(they won the European thing before), just finished watching the game Spain - Russia 4-1, getting ready for the next game, greece - sweden. in holland 7.1 million people have bin watching the dutch-italien game yesterday, thats alot because we have 17 million people in our country, but just to fucking funny to see all those orange dutchie people on telly!|bananna||jester||virgohippy|:D

Fonz 2008-06-10 02:32 PM

I just won 85 Euros (USD 500 or so :) ) thanx to Spain's win :D
Ain't gonna put any money on Sweden vs. Greece, to big of a risk :)

stuveltje 2008-06-10 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 405493)
I just won 85 Euros (USD 500 or so :) )

Fonz, you got golden euros? 85 euros is about 138 usd dollars:D and you just remind me again how much i hate the value of the dollar right now|catfight|mmmmmmmm i have the feeling i read it all wrong again...but i have an alibi, thats why i am in my resting mode (cant think straight anymore):D

pc 2008-06-10 02:53 PM

Next round Holland vs. France it's worth watching.I'll bet on Holland 2:1

Greenguy 2008-06-10 04:12 PM

They's showing it on ESPN over here, but no one cares :D

stuveltje 2008-06-10 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 405502)

thats because |pokefun|USA suck at playing soccer|boobies|

Thomas 2008-06-10 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 405502)

I knew that one was coming... :) But you know on what channel its on... I think you are watching it GG |couch|
USA suck at soccer even thou they bougth Beckham for $10 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 0000000 to learn how to play the game :)
Give the MLS a couple of years an GG will be watching the games too.

Well, Sweden won tonight, no question about it. Greece looked pretty lame and had nothing imho. Imbrahimovic scored a beutiful goal and thats great for his self-confidence so I am pretty sure he will do more goals and thats what Sweden needs. |thumb

Sweden - Spain on saturday.... |bananna| but a lot of great games before that. Not much working overtime here for a few weeks! |loony|

/Thomas

justbondage 2008-06-10 07:09 PM

Gutted that Greece lost, I have always had a soft spot for them.

As long as Germany and Portugal don't win, I am happy (Northern Ireland didn't qualify, sooo close this year, and England, well they were hopeless this year!)

JohnnyR 2008-06-11 04:17 AM

Hey how bad did greece lost?

Congrats to all you dutch in the house, looks like you've got a preeeeetty nice team. We beat you in qualifying, but things seems to have changed and the mission might be tougher now that you've beaten the world champion 3-null :D

So far we've got 0-0 with France (world vice-champion :D) in that boring stupid game, and hopefully italy is now hurting bad enough to let us put her out of her misery :D But the game with holland is gonna be tough!

Stupid, stupid luck we've had! We've got the toughest group... Oh well, such is live. See ya holland in quarter-finals (yeah right)|waves|

And GG I know for a fact that TekAngel and one other guy are watching!!

Oh and I forgot all about Greece's game... How did they play? They're still the en-titre european champion... was the match nice? Need to look it up on tube.

Fonz 2008-06-11 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyR (Post 405536)
Hey how bad did greece lost?

0-2

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/

justbondage 2008-06-11 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyR (Post 405536)
was the match nice?

It was the most boring match of the tournament so far.

Thomas 2008-06-11 04:56 AM

Lousy performance from Greece, it looked like they didnīt know what to do when they had the ball., like they didnīt have a gameplan. They where booed at.

Maj. Stress 2008-06-11 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuveltje (Post 405504)
thats because |pokefun|USA suck at playing soccer|boobies|

We suck at it because we don't care. :D

Thomas 2008-06-11 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justbondage (Post 405538)

So you think Romaina - France (0-0) where more fun to watch? |huh
I donīt think so....

JohnnyR 2008-06-11 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justbondage (Post 405538)

us against france was the most boring so far. at least they scored 2 goals :)

justbondage 2008-06-11 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 405542)
So you think Romaina - France (0-0) where more fun to watch? |huh
I donīt think so....

I honestly thought so yes.

I mean out of that match Sweden were good to watch, but the Greek play was terrible to watch, and even Sweden weren't that inventive.

Although goalless I thought that both Romania and France were at least trying!

JohnnyR 2008-06-11 06:33 AM

Well don't know what to say I can't be mad at Romania, fuck it! they did they job, their purpose was not to get beaten and they succeeded in doing that. Sure, a victory over france would've been nice but then again france could've beaten us just as easily so I consider the white score to be fair. if the team does its job I don't care whether the games are boring or not, important thing is to get out of groups, and such a tough group it is :( not many chances of that happening but hey it's our team and whatever happens that's still true...

I watched the goals of the greece match, what a nice goal by ibrahimovic there... but the 2nd goal sucked baaaaad! I don't even think it was a valid goal there, that sweed jumping and walking all over that fallen greek player... looked more of a foul to me. But since there was a lot of action there and a lot of players the referee probably didn't catch that...

Either way, a win is a win is a win :) gg sweeden, hope to see greece doing better in the next games.

Away to see the highlights from russia-spain

BTW, looks like youtube doesn't allow to post movies from the matches but I found this site http://www.sportizo.com/ where there they post goals and highlights

JohnnyR 2008-06-11 07:01 AM

Hey I just saw the goals from spain vs russia, who took that shot at that last goal by Fabregas? Was it still d villa? Anyhow, spain is looking strong, nice performance by villa there (hart to believe we're gonna see another hattrick but who knows).

So spain looking strong, russia looks like they might be going home if sweeden keeps up the good job... but it's too early to tell. waiting for the 2nd round of matches and then we can talk odds :)

stuveltje 2008-06-11 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maj. Stress (Post 405541)
We suck at it because we don't care. :D

no usa suck at it because they dont know how to use their legs to play the ball:D|boobies|

Thomas 2008-06-11 03:43 PM

Who is watching the game of waterpolo? :)

justbondage 2008-06-11 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 405644)
Who is watching the game of waterpolo? :)

It was totally insane!!

dunc 2008-06-11 09:02 PM

Spain will win euro 2008 (unless they do one of there monumental fuckups)

The Dutch will win euro "Best Hats" 2008

stuveltje 2008-06-12 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunc (Post 405656)
Spain will win euro 2008 (unless they do one of there monumental fuckups)

The Dutch will win euro "Best Hats" 2008

you are probably right about the "best hats" but not about spain:D

I have bin watching the games yesterday and will watch them the next days, but hell that was alot of water there, luckly for the players the second half there was less water on the field.

Fonz 2008-06-12 11:09 AM

Got another 93 Euro on Portugal last night. Now let's just hope the Germans don't fuck up this evening :)