Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Looks like a good morning to grab the paddleboard and go snorkeling 9/20/14 (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=66865)

Cleo 2014-09-20 08:19 AM

Looks like a good morning to grab the paddleboard and go snorkeling 9/20/14

1 Attachment(s)
Up early, checked the ocean cams, grabbed paddleboard and snorkel gear, time to get wet.

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1411215559

|potleaf|

JustRobert 2014-09-20 10:42 AM

Good Morning :)

Cleo, enjoy your paddling :D

Back at home after 3 weeks. Good to be back for the most part. Really like the area I was in but prices up in Silicon Valley are pricey, at least for me. Houses are being bid up 100K on average from listing price no matter if it's a condo, townhome or house and sell quickly. Home in the neighborhood listed at 1.1 sold at 1.2 in 3 days while I was there. Not a big home either. 1700 sq ft 2/2 that had been remodeled in and out.

Anyways, back to doing bills and putting a deposit together from all those that showed up while I was gone.

ecchi 2014-09-22 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 535512)
..... but prices up in Silicon Valley are pricey, at least for me. Houses are being bid up 100K on average from listing price no matter if it's a condo, townhome or house and sell quickly.

Man, you don't know what "pricey" means in America. In England, you might just get a property for the equivalent of US$100k, but it would be very small, in an undesirable (i.e. "shit") area, and probably a bit of a "fixer upper" too.

You would normally expect to pay at least the equivalent of a quarter of a million dollars for a "cheap" home in England. A friend of mine owns an apartment in an expensive area of London (near equivalent of "Silicon Valley", wealth wise). The apartment is three bedroom, two reception rooms, and last time it was valued, it was valued at just slightly under ten million dollars. And prices have gone up a lot since then!

CD Smith 2014-09-22 04:29 PM

Flashback city!!

"The paddleboard" was this hard yellow rubber miniature tennis raquet thing, about a foot long it was, that my mom used to have hanging at the back of the fridge back in the 60's. If any of us kids stepped too far out of line she'd threaten to get out "the paddleboard" and whack you with it.

She rarely had to get out the dreaded paddleboard.

Damn that thing HURT. :(

JustRobert 2014-09-23 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 535518)
Man, you don't know what "pricey" means in America.

No, we know what pricey means. I was mentioning for me it's pricey in the I just might be able to afford it if I got really creative...not the pricey in the "there is no way I can afford that unless I hit the lotto" type. I wasn't in the expensive area of silicon valley, just one of the nicer suburbs of it.

As for your friends London apartment that would be more comparable to New York City types and yes, either way those are pricey in the lotto scenario, though I would not move to either one.

On a good note, how about the new Doctor? |thumb

ecchi 2014-09-24 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 535546)
On a good note, how about the new Doctor? |thumb

I like him but I'm a little worried because he is trying to be like the first Doctor (William Hartnell) and the stories are getting a little "thinky". The last Doctor who tried to be like William Hartnell got fired because no one liked him, and the last time it got "thinky" the show got cancelled for a few years.

However, having been away I'm a bit behind. Saw the "Listen" episode yesterday, and hope to catch last week's episode tomorrow.

spookyx 2014-09-25 01:04 AM

damn you cleo.... you have way to much fun

:D

spookyx 2014-09-25 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 535561)
I like him but I'm a little worried because he is trying to be like the first Doctor (William Hartnell) and the stories are getting a little "thinky". The last Doctor who tried to be like William Hartnell got fired because no one liked him, and the last time it got "thinky" the show got cancelled for a few years.

However, having been away I'm a bit behind. Saw the "Listen" episode yesterday, and hope to catch last week's episode tomorrow.

It has happened... Hell froze over.... I agree with ecchi... the world is prolly going to end soon

|waves|