Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Descriptions or no descriptions? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=39342)

spazlabz 2007-03-30 01:09 PM

Descriptions or no descriptions?

I have started to write the descriptions for all of our Hosted FreeSites as well as our Free Hosted Galleries and we have been having a discussion in our company if we should include the title/description and the descriptions in our newsletter along with the links to the new releases. please vote if you would like to see sponsors including title and description for freesites and descriptions for the galleries or if it is unnecessary for you.

spaz

Greenguy 2007-03-30 01:54 PM

You worded it wrong! :D

Titles are a must - their an absolute & they are not going to change, so they should be included.

Descriptions are nice to see & some do use them, but some also write up their own descriptions. So you're probably better off including them (it's easy to delete them if the webmaster doesn't want them)

Cleo 2007-03-30 01:59 PM

I'm really lazy so both titles and descriptions.

JackDaniel's 2007-03-30 02:57 PM

I'm realy happy when I don't have to make them myself :D

DangerDave 2007-03-30 05:04 PM

Descriptions are for pussies!

|escape|

DD

Cleo 2007-03-30 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerDave (Post 340030)
Descriptions are for pussies!

Pussies selling pussy

sabin 2007-03-31 02:42 PM

I dont necessarily need a description, but I def. need to know the models names at minimum. Pointless to me otherwise.

virgohippy 2007-03-31 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabin (Post 340174)
I dont necessarily need a description, but I def. need to know the models names at minimum. Pointless to me otherwise.

I wouldn't go as far as saying pointless, but I do agree - talent name is very handy. |thumb

I like every bit of free text I can get. |thumb |thumb

ecchi 2007-03-31 04:31 PM

If you have added the description and title and someone wants to write their own, they can just delete the ones you give. However if if you do NOT add a description and title and someone is too lazy to add their own then they still have no choice but to write it themselves (or use a different sponsor).

I both use my own descriptions (for my better site) and use sponsor's descriptions (for my traffic exchange type sites). I have no problem deleting the sponsor's description when I want to write my own, but if I am using it on a site where I don't want to be bothered to write it myself, I usually only use sponsors who supply a description.

Linkster 2007-03-31 07:13 PM

Agree that the Title is much more important - but its nice if you give a desc as well :)

spazlabz 2007-04-01 12:59 AM

Of course the question is really about putting the title and description in the actual newsletters that sponsors send out.

I personally feel that a HFS without title and description or a FHG without a description isn't too much use to an affiliate

spaz

ecchi 2007-04-01 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spazlabz (Post 340234)
Of course the question is really about putting the title and description in the actual newsletters that sponsors send out.

Yes, but I (and I think most posters) are assuming you mean an email with the URLs in it (i.e. not just a note to look in the affiliates area to find them). If you send out the URLs you should assume people are going to use them from the emails, so should treat them EXACTLY the same as you treat the links in your affiliate area. Otherwise there is little point in sending the URLs.

spazlabz 2007-04-01 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 340245)
Yes, but I (and I think most posters) are assuming you mean an email with the URLs in it (i.e. not just a note to look in the affiliates area to find them). If you send out the URLs you should assume people are going to use them from the emails, so should treat them EXACTLY the same as you treat the links in your affiliate area. Otherwise there is little point in sending the URLs.

Very good point ecchi and it will have an effect on how we send out the newsletters from this point forward.

spaz