Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rep's Name as an Email Sender (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=49323)

Useless 2008-10-02 01:14 PM

Rep's Name as an Email Sender

Every once in awhile I receive an email from a program, but instead of having the sponsor's name in the sender field, it's the rep's first name. That isn't at all helpful when I have my finger on the Junk trigger. The latest email I've received like that is from 'Ronald' and the subject line reads 'Idle'. What the hell? It's not as if I have a personal relationship with Ronald, or even know who he is for that matter.

stuveltje 2008-10-02 01:50 PM

Yep i have noticed the same thing, only i do dump all in my trashcan, i have to see the sponsor name first in the email, automaticly i dump name emails, i get to much spam with names.

Toby 2008-10-02 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless Warrior (Post 423186)
...It's not as if I have a personal relationship with Ronald, or even know who he is for that matter...

What? Everyone knows Ronald. Pale complection, bright red hair, big shoes. ;)

Seriously though, I can relate. My prior web host had a nasty habit of replying to support tickets using a personal email addy. Spam filter hadn't been introduced to that addy as friendly, so it ate them.

secretagentwilly 2008-10-02 07:33 PM

You all know scott from cecash right? At least his subject helps...I use gmail so it's cool to just put a filter for any email from @cecash.com get's the label for cecash and so on...once you figure out who scott and rowdy are then you're good to go...

NY Jester 2008-10-02 08:22 PM

Yeah I think it's best if they use a personal and biz reference together - Like - the from is the program and the guys name like with Twistys I get mail from Twisty's Kevin at least I know where its from.

emac 2008-10-10 03:54 PM

I'm with NY Jester.

Having a subject like that and a rep's as an e-mail would definitely think that it's a spam mails.

walrus 2008-10-10 08:01 PM

Quote:

Every once in awhile I receive an email from a program, but instead of having the sponsor's name in the sender field, it's the rep's first name. That isn't at all helpful when I have my finger on the Junk trigger. The latest email I've received like that is from 'Ronald' and the subject line reads 'Idle'. What the hell? It's not as if I have a personal relationship with Ronald, or even know who he is for that matter.

I got one of those, still don't know who the fuck it is.

Mr. Blue 2008-10-10 11:56 PM

Quote:

I emailed him back just because I wanted to be the one webmaster that responded back to that email. I like to freak telemarketers out as well...but I digress.