Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Peel ads...what's your experience? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=49720)

LD 2008-10-25 04:35 PM

Peel ads...what's your experience?

I get some traffic from them, but I don't think I've ever made a sale from them. Do you think they might be a little overused now? I used to see them occasionally, now they are everywhere. I am afraid they might be getting a little annoying to surfers...(?)

ladydesigner 2008-10-25 05:28 PM

I'm with you Luscious. I haven't made a single sale off of them. I have them on my blogs, hubs, etc. and so far, nothing.

A.J. Angel 2008-10-25 05:43 PM

It looks nice on a site but other than that, shouldn't expect to bank on it much.

I used to have it before but since redesigning my site, I took it down. I'll put it back up once everything is done and see how it goes again. Traffic wise, it was doing good but sales were definitely not coming in as it should be as published in ads.

SheepGuy 2008-10-25 06:40 PM

I've always thought they looked stupid. And since I'm usually the guy who is six months late recognizing the newest greatest thing, I feel pretty good about not bothering with them ;)

Cleo 2008-10-25 07:05 PM

As a surfer I find them really annoying. I've never used them so I have no idea if they generate sales or not.

virgohippy 2008-10-26 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepGuy (Post 426433)
I've always thought they looked stupid. And since I'm usually the guy who is six months late recognizing the newest greatest thing, I feel pretty good about not bothering with them ;)

Me too. |thumb

Although, I do think they're cool.

Is this proof that surfers don't want a clear separation of content and advertising... or rather, they actually do? |loony|

Maj. Stress 2008-10-26 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 426436)
As a surfer I find them really annoying. I've never used them so I have no idea if they generate sales or not.

I don't see much traffic (or any sales) from them. And I was using them long before sponsors caught onto them.

Star Man 2008-10-26 06:51 AM

I used peel ads for a little while and after seeing how unproductive they were,I ended up removing them.I mean,they look 'cute' and eye catching but not to the point where every single sponsor should feel that they NEED to rip it off.

If you think about it,it's sort of retarded.It's just a simple graphic effect that creates the illusion that a web page has 'multiple layers' to it.As if the page is really just a huge bullshit full page ad at it's 'base layer' and it's being concealed with a 'top layer' the site and it's losing it's stick in the top right corner ....wow!
(or 'peel it' or 'pull me' or whatever..I can't keep up with all of them)

I say theres nothing some good ol' scotch tape can't fix so just take a piece and tape up that right corner! (remove those stupid peel ads because nobody clicks on them) |thumb

Tommy 2008-10-26 09:22 AM

I use em on a few sites, Never made a sale but I think they are so cool

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a few custom ones done ...

T Pat 2008-10-26 10:03 AM

I pulled the last two I had down this morning, at one time I had them on all my blogs and never made a sale

SimonT 2008-10-26 11:41 AM

I've never bothered putting them on any of my sites, like others I think they're pretty cool but that's about it - I just sit there peeling them back all the time :D

LD 2008-10-26 04:30 PM

You guys seem to confirm what I had suspected. I've got them all over my site on the different category pages...I'm about to start taking them down.

DangerDave 2008-10-26 05:08 PM

Quote:

Amen sister.. they are annoying as fuck.

DD

tigermtb 2008-10-27 01:40 PM

I used them for a month on my video site. People clicked but no sales at all.

I usually avoid all methods that annoy people, like pagepeel and those stupid MSN msg popups

hony 2008-10-29 11:15 PM

They annoy me like crazy so I never did them.

I must admit I just start to try those MSN msg popups -- for webcam chat they seem to make some vague sense. You see the girl in the popup - you click it and end up in chat with that actual girl. So the surfer doesn't feel any disconnect - he asked for girl X and got girl X.

On the other hand, I've not had a single sale so far -- so I guess it really is lame.

Though come to that I very very rarely have a sale from anything like a banner or any kind of graphic. Sales come from clicks on text links in articles in my experience.

Which is why I laugh/cry at those sponsors who go on about all the banners they have.

Max -RiotDesign 2008-11-10 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LusciousDelight (Post 426500)
You guys seem to confirm what I had suspected. I've got them all over my site on the different category pages...I'm about to start taking them down.

Well they're certainly eye-catching and most people always click on them out of curiosity, you just have to use that as an advantage and put something original on the ad itself.

So far all the ones I've seen were uninteresting or just plain boring. Just having the peel effect wont make the ad work better :)

daizzzy 2008-11-12 06:53 PM

i'm not satisfied w/ them.

they look nice, but no effect.

Cleo 2008-11-12 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hony (Post 426927)
I must admit I just start to try those MSN msg popups -- for webcam chat they seem to make some vague sense. You see the girl in the popup - you click it and end up in chat with that actual girl. So the surfer doesn't feel any disconnect - he asked for girl X and got girl X.

On the other hand, I've not had a single sale so far -- so I guess it really is lame.

I put those up for awhile but removed them as I also found them annoying and didn't get a single sale from them.

Evil Chris 2008-11-12 09:45 PM

Quote:

Precisely my own reply as well. Irks me when I accidentally hit one. Never used them for selling because I figure what bothers me so much will certainly bother surfers.

Mr. Blue 2008-11-12 10:55 PM

I hate the way they look, I'm not interested in using them because of it, so...if it's making people bank, that's great, but I just don't like them.

bluemoney 2008-11-13 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepGuy (Post 426433)

Ditto

Quote:

And ditto again.

stuveltje 2008-11-13 04:34 PM

oke and i realy dont care you guys and girls think "you stupid moron" what the fuck are peel ads?

stuveltje 2008-11-13 05:29 PM

Stu<--- tapping her feet....so who will fucking answer me...what are peel ads?

Maj. Stress 2008-11-13 05:37 PM

http://www.dreammerchantsnetwork.com/PeelAds.asp :)

stuveltje 2008-11-13 05:40 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that are peel ads.....thanks maj:)))) use them about 3 years ago and i think they suck, well in a certain way then, it depend on what sponsor you use:D and for what kind of site you are using them:D