Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Whats everyone doing for the 4th ?? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=53420)

Tommy 2009-07-03 09:31 AM

Whats everyone doing for the 4th ??

we are gonna bbq and take the kids to see a fireworks show

Cleo 2009-07-03 09:56 AM

It's probably going to be raining here all weekend and even if it doesn't rain it will be hot, muggy, mosquito hell outdoors so not doing a BBQ. Actually down here BBQing is a fall, winter and spring activity. Summer is best spent indoors in the A/C here.

Both Christy and I have to work Saturday so probably going to just have a quiet evening at home watching movies although a few of our friends are bugging us to come over and join us.

Tekster 2009-07-03 10:08 AM

A bunch of friends are getting together for a pool / bbq party.

sue-fl 2009-07-03 10:21 AM

We are hoping for bbq and fireworks also but the rain may wash that away.

smutguy 2009-07-03 10:26 AM

going to a bbq and lighting off our own fireworks

JustRobert 2009-07-03 10:43 AM

Wife and I go to the movie theater to catch a show that starts right before the fireworks will start so it's usually pretty empty, making it easy to see something newly released without crowds, which is the way I like it :D

RedCherry 2009-07-03 10:46 AM

I live in a town that sells fireworks (although its illegal to shoot them off, go figure) so every year one of the local fireworks companies puts on the best fireworks show I've ever seen, especially for a small town. So we go down to the park and watch the amazing fireworks display.

Last year the ending of it they had so many going off at once, it lit the sky like it was daylight. I admit to being a big kid when it comes to fireworks, they have always fascinated me.

Toby 2009-07-03 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy (Post 456208)
Whats everyone doing for the 4th ??

Same thing we do every day Pinky, try to take over the world. ;)

Licker4U 2009-07-03 01:35 PM

My aunt and uncle have a place on Mobile Bay and all the cousins and their families will be in town. About 20 of us will have a big meal then sit on the pier to watch the municipal fireworks display which is set off 4 miles up the beach in Fairhope, AL.

Useless 2009-07-03 02:10 PM

I've committed myself to doing a 4 mile run in the morning, then we'll be at my brother-in-law's house for a picnic/bonfire/beer drinking thing in the evening. I've been told that the new scum who have moved in next door intend on ignoring NY law and set off fireworks. So, I'll either come home to find my house burned down, or my pool will be full of fucking firework debris.

LD 2009-07-03 03:23 PM

I'm going to a huge 4th of July parade at midnight tonight in Gatlinburg, TN where I'm visiting for a few days. Hanging out tomorrow mostly with family doing the tourist thing. The things we do for kids...

MeatPounder 2009-07-03 04:18 PM

Eating happy pills and healing :)

NY Jester 2009-07-03 04:39 PM

Well, Im headed to my buddy's condo here on the Hudson for Fireworks tonight and some cold ones on the patio, then tomorrow we're going to my family's house for a BBQ with friends and family.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend. |headbang|