Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do sponsors even check their email? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=29624)

Mr Exotic 2006-03-07 12:31 PM

Do sponsors even check their email?

I sent emails to 2 different pretty big name sponsors this weekend and still havent heard back. Do they not even care to answer an affiliate? One of these sponsors I really planned on using them TONS if they could get back with me, but I guess if it takes them more than 3 days to answer an email I dont know if I should even use them at all now.

Wizzo 2006-03-07 12:42 PM

Can't speak for all sponsors, but I know we answer all emails within 24hrs. even on the weekends...:)

LB 2006-03-07 12:48 PM

Lol yep same problem.

have waited up to 2 weeks for a reply from some large sponsors and even then it was just a copy and paste reply which had nothing to do with my question.

bunky2u 2006-03-07 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzo
Can't speak for all sponsors, but I know we answer all emails within 24hrs. even on the weekends...:)

true. MM has always been very good about helping their affs.

bunky

CuriousToyBoy 2006-03-07 01:50 PM

I look after LionDollars.com and CuriousCash.com and the only reason you would wait more than a day to hear back from me is if I was in an airplane flying over the ocean back from a show !

|thumb

Boogie 2006-03-07 02:45 PM

some sponsors are great, others arent.

If you find one that doesnt give you the satisfication in communication you want there are tons of other sponsors find ones that do.

I just had a 15 minute conversation with someone I barely promote (badgirlbucks) and have generated less than 30 signups for and they were kind as hell during the process.

EvilFubAr 2006-03-07 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Exotic
I sent emails to 2 different pretty big name sponsors this weekend and still havent heard back. Do they not even care to answer an affiliate? One of these sponsors I really planned on using them TONS if they could get back with me, but I guess if it takes them more than 3 days to answer an email I dont know if I should even use them at all now.

I know that at ARS we use spamarrest, so be sure you are getting all your auth emails. I assume most people can handle that hehe

american perv 2006-03-07 11:24 PM

I answer all SPACash emails usually within 24 hours unless I'm traveling out of the country or my when my computer died when I was in vail.

MikeB 2006-03-08 03:45 AM

When joining an affiliate program, all webmasters should email the new sponsor and ask them a question. Even if you don't have a question, make one up and see how fast they respond. Some companies take their webmasters very seriously, others do not.

neveremail 2006-03-08 09:38 AM

I think poor support is quite a problem with a lot of sponsors. I'm starting to get more picky about who I deal with long term.

Im starting to work with niche sites and I'm not prepared to spend time figuring out the most effective way to promote a paysite in that niche when a sponsor won't answer my queries.

VicD 2006-03-08 02:38 PM

Try mailing nasty dollars....

Woodspan 2006-03-08 02:43 PM

I have also had this problem. I'm a new webmaster which I thought was the reason for being dismissed. After reading threads such as this I realize I'm going to need to add to my research and check out a sponsers customer service. If they won't answer me will they bother answering a paying customer who I may have referred. I doubt it.

Must be nice to have soooooooooo much business that you can blow off those that help in generating this business.

Oh.......and to those of you who do answer. Thank you.

VIPimp 2006-03-08 06:00 PM

Try icqing/msging them, emails sometimes get filtered out...
I reply to my affiliate emails normally within minutes, since im online almost 24/7 :(
If you have a minute get in touch with me, I would like to know if you would be willing to try FreakyTranny on your tranny linklist.

MonsterPartners 2006-03-08 08:24 PM

We answer questions quickly :) Some sponsors I have contact have been great and their response time was well within acceptable limits. Others need to work on that aspect of their program a little more

jscott 2006-03-09 12:42 AM

Mr Exotic, i agree, last week i had to even make a thread on GFY because
1. my blog designer disappeared, wouldnt respond to icq or email
2. 5 sponsors i wanted to promote would not reply on email or icq, OR even to their own support ticket system

there are a lot of good affiliate support sponsors out there, guess we affiliates are better of just sticking with those

american perv 2006-03-09 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neveremail
I think poor support is quite a problem with a lot of sponsors. I'm starting to get more picky about who I deal with long term.

Im starting to work with niche sites and I'm not prepared to spend time figuring out the most effective way to promote a paysite in that niche when a sponsor won't answer my queries.

Hit me up, tony@spacash.com or icq- 19375153

We have a lot of different niches.

Jensen 2006-03-09 05:59 AM

luckily I've never experienced that, but I'd be a bit pissed if people didn't get back to me. Affiliates are the life and blood of most programs so not answering would be a key mistake.

Surfn 2006-03-09 06:19 AM

If they don't get back to me in a reasonable length of time I stop promoting the cocksuckers and move on :D

neveremail 2006-03-09 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by american perv
Hit me up, tony@spacash.com or icq- 19375153

We have a lot of different niches.

I already am promoting you just a little bit. I like your webmaster area (lots of options and tools :D ) and from what I have seen support seems good too. Keep up the good work.

Special "Ed" 2006-03-09 09:47 AM

Between Spookyx and I we're constantly checked incoming email and answer all affiliates...but in the past, we have missed a couple because of our "junk mail" settings.

mistwist 2006-03-09 12:48 PM

I cant speak for others either but as long as the right email address is used, I try to reply with in 24 hours, if I dont, Im on a plane or dead! lol

american perv 2006-03-09 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neveremail
I already am promoting you just a little bit. I like your webmaster area (lots of options and tools :D ) and from what I have seen support seems good too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! good to know.. if you ever need me, shoot over and email, if you send me an icq and I don't respond right away I am probably sleeping or out of the house.

Steve 2006-03-09 04:03 PM

I've noticed that overall affiliate support is not at the same level it was 3 - 5 years ago. I know most of the major sponsors have downsized their support staff over that period. That is probably one of the factors.

selena 2006-03-11 11:47 PM

I check my email multiple times a day, as well as my icq.

Sometimes all I can say is "I got your mail, and will get back to you as soon as I know the answer"

And I have had a couple of mails slip through with a bunch of spam.

But overall, I try to treat/serve people just like I'd like to be treated.

Mr Exotic 2006-03-15 11:55 AM

Well its been over a week since I posted this thread so its probably been well over a week and a hlf since I sent these sponsors emails, STILL NO ANSWER!!!! Whats funny is that one of the them has a "sticky announcement" on this board right now!! Guess they got time to spam the boards but no to take care of affilaites. You'd think they would take care of the affilaites they have already managed to sign up since they are going out of their way to pick up new ones |banghead|