Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Free Trials - Why did they extinct? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=40808)

maniac 2007-06-10 09:36 AM

Free Trials - Why did they extinct?

Recently there are almost no paysites that offer free trials on their join page. But in the past the picture was quite different. A major part of the adult paysites out there use to have free trials (I wasn't even a webmaster back then :)).

What do you think, why did the free trials extinct?

Greenguy 2007-06-10 09:48 AM

Recently? Sure, if you're talking in terms of |buddy|

I think they went away around 2003 or so (and were replaced by $1 trials) because there were too many charge backs with the CC companies (it's hard to dispute a $1 followed up by a $30 charge compared to charging a CC 3 days after you got the info for a new transaction)

Thebossxxx 2007-06-10 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 351314)
Recently? Sure, if you're talking in terms of |buddy|

I think they went away around 2003 or so (and were replaced by $1 trials) because there were too many charge backs with the CC companies (it's hard to dispute a $1 followed up by a $30 charge compared to charging a CC 3 days after you got the info for a new transaction)

Very true too many chargebacks, the surfers would get hit with a 30 bill and chargeback with their cc companies! :(

0 trials are still alive and kicking but not too many sposnsors use them anymore...

Viper 2007-06-10 02:20 PM

CECash, Adultpaymaster, iFriends, Streamate, MaxCash.. all have free trials.

ponygirl 2007-06-10 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 351341)
CECash, Adultpaymaster, iFriends, Streamate, MaxCash.. all have free trials.

one thing I have learned is to check to make sure you get paid for the free trial signup, not when the surfer converts to a paid membership.
It's not always in the TOS, either. |club|

btw, Wegcash has free trials too, as well as no cc free join sites.

cockhungryhoes 2007-06-10 07:27 PM

Ya thats happen to me, or you don't see any money for 30 days until it "re-bills."

Viper 2007-06-11 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygirl (Post 351346)
one thing I have learned is to check to make sure you get paid for the free trial signup, not when the surfer converts to a paid membership.

hmmm.. wouldn't that be Pay Per Active as opposed to Free Trial?

Linkster 2007-06-11 05:19 PM

Viper - yes it is - however many programs call them free trials and thats why ponygirl was emphasizing the checking of the terms - some sponsors tend to "mislead" a little when it comes to those by using inappropriate names for their programs

ponygirl 2007-06-11 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linkster (Post 351527)
Viper - yes it is - however many programs call them free trials and thats why ponygirl was emphasizing the checking of the terms - some sponsors tend to "mislead" a little when it comes to those by using inappropriate names for their programs

yep, yep ;) I'm pretty sure that happened to me, although I can find absolutely nowhere on the site that it says this. so I just packed up & moved on :)