Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   .XXX revived with threats and violence (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=37915)

GonZo 2007-01-31 11:03 AM

.XXX revived with threats and violence

Anybody be checking out this crazy shit?

Seems like Xbiz and Alec Helmy are the latest recruits to try and jam the .XXX top level domain down the industry's throat.

Apparently there was some debate where Helmy was asked if he supported it or not followed by his moderators posting pictures of themselves with guns and talking smack about "cracking heads for fun".

I guess gigacash isnt doing so well anymore.

It sure has got Mike South pretty pissed off.
You can see the pics in question and read his recap at mikesouth.com if your interested.

Ill be crossing anything Xbiz off my list.

Jim 2007-01-31 11:38 AM

Gonzo, I wrote xbiz off when Helmy saw everything we had on sponsorchat and let them remain on the xbizaward nomination list.

The whole xxx thing would be horrible for this business. And like Mike South, I had high hopes for xbiz when they started doing shows. I thought if anyone could knock avn off their high horse, it would have been xbiz. They seemed to have a handle on the webmaster community. But, who doesn't know about Sponsorchat? I saw posted elsewhere "all real webmasters know that sponsorchat is a scam".

Those pictures of the xbiz employees with guns is just the cherry on top for me.

GonZo 2007-01-31 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 328720)
Gonzo, I wrote xbiz off when Helmy saw everything we had on sponsorchat and let them remain on the xbizaward nomination list.

The whole xxx thing would be horrible for this business. And like Mike South, I had high hopes for xbiz when they started doing shows. I thought if anyone could knock avn off their high horse, it would have been xbiz. They seemed to have a handle on the webmaster community. But, who doesn't know about Sponsorchat? I saw posted elsewhere "all real webmasters know that sponsorchat is a scam".

Those pictures of the xbiz employees with guns is just the cherry on top for me.

I read the thread over there a little while ago. And the post Mike made is not out of context. Initially I thought the pay off comment was sarcastic.

It does seem more likely now.

One thing is for sure - they are slapping and grinning with each other as if they know a mighty big secret.

I guess that they dont realize that Mike is from the South and brandishing guns in pictures would be seen as a pure keyboard warrior move.

I guess when you know your in the wrong and ashamed of it ... the only choice is to resort to threats.

Classless.

Greenguy 2007-01-31 12:26 PM

Oh for fuck sakes |banghead|

Let me see if I can get Alec in here to comment before I say things I might regret :D

GonZo 2007-01-31 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 328744)
Oh for fuck sakes |banghead|

Let me see if I can get Alec in here to comment before I say things I might regret :D

Only if hes going to publically going to say if he is for or against .xxx.

And I dont mean one of the gun flashing tough guys either.

Greenguy 2007-01-31 12:52 PM

I've emailed him, so hopefully he comes by & posts.

GonZo 2007-01-31 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 328753)
I've emailed him, so hopefully he comes by & posts.

I have a picture with a .44 Mag Smith and Wesson pose incase the chumps show up.

Jim 2007-01-31 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonZo (Post 328754)
I have a picture with a .44 Mag Smith and Wesson pose incase the chumps show up.

I've had my eye on a Gold Desert Eagle 50AE for a couple of years now. My wife was going to buy one for me for Christmas this year until she found out if she bought it, it would be in her name. Lately, I have been looking at the Smith & Wesson 500 :)

Greenguy 2007-01-31 01:09 PM

You people that live in red county's & own guns scare me.

mr.sexbankroll 2007-01-31 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 328720)

Sorry, a little off topic.. but what's the deal with Sponsorchat?

R

emmanuelle 2007-01-31 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.sexbankroll (Post 328760)
Sorry, a little off topic.. but what's the deal with Sponsorchat?

R

yeah- my head must have been buried under a different rock than I thought. Is there a relevant thread?

Toby 2007-01-31 01:30 PM

Sponsorchat/XBIZ Awards thread:
http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...ad.php?t=36782

mr.sexbankroll 2007-01-31 01:41 PM

hey, thanks for that

R

Greenguy 2007-01-31 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 328744)
...Let me see if I can get Alec in here to comment before I say things I might regret :D

Alec asked me to post his comments from this thread:
http://boards.xbiz.com/showthread.ph...threadid=36942

hey Mike South...Alec Helmy here...
RE: http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=701086

As far as me somehow facilitating .XXX to get approved - heh, as if I have that kinda power - thanks, I'm flattered.

Believe it or not, no one within the adult industry has the power to get .XXX approved.

What XBIZ has done is facilitate an open dialogue with a TLD that may get approved and has the power to impact our industry.

We can either turn a blind eye or instead try to learn about its plans, ask questions and do whatever we can to influence its direction for the best interest of the industry - I along with many others prefer the latter, as is evident in the number of folks attending the event.

Alec

GonZo 2007-01-31 02:27 PM

NIce spin for the show.

Greenguy 2007-01-31 06:21 PM

Alec also told me that he posted this over on GFY:

I do not support .XXX because of the various concerns and unknowns
already discussed on the boards.

Should it get approved, it'll be best to try to influence its direction
- and not for financial gains.

emmanuelle 2007-01-31 06:25 PM

This board has shown Xbiz a great deal of support in the past. Are we not worth his time to make a personal visit to c&p his response?

Greenguy 2007-01-31 06:33 PM

Well, he is at least emailing me :D

I have to assume he's been putting out fires all day.

GonZo 2007-01-31 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 328856)
Well, he is at least emailing me :D

I have to assume he's been putting out fires all day.

Its rough work having thugs take down threatening pics and sending out DCMA notices to cover your employees stupidity.

Jim 2007-02-01 06:37 AM

What exactly was the reason for the guns?

GonZo 2007-02-01 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 328955)
What exactly was the reason for the guns?

Beats me I guess when you are losing an argument you try to take control back with a show of force.

GonZo 2007-02-03 10:41 PM

Im hearing now that Alec Helmy's debutante ball for .xxx was cancelled at the last minute.

Can anybody else confirm this?