Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dummy Need Help - Uploading To An Amazon Server? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=73680)

Greenguy 2023-02-08 01:57 PM

Dummy Need Help - Uploading To An Amazon Server?

Another site bought some of our old scenes. I asked them how I could get the scenes to them & they told me:

Quote:

you could use this server access to upload the content. If you prefer another method, feel free to use it.

Server: Amazon S3
Path: ama-general-uploads/home/XxXdirectoryXxX
username: XxXusernameXxX
password: XxXpasswordXxX
|huh

Now, the username is long & looks like a NATS code. The password is even longer & has / symbols in it.

Am I |hammer or is there some way to access Amazon servers that I'm not aware of?

Greenguy 2023-02-09 08:26 AM

Dummy still need help :(

Pagan 2023-02-09 09:33 PM

Hmmm.. okay. I will let you borrow my Dummy's Page.

1 - Google can be your best friend
2 - What does the app say? Do they have any help files you can access?
3 - Does that app have customer service? Can you open a general ticket or chat with a rep?
4 - Now, this is the kicker. It's probably the fastest and easiest but it is the hardest on the ego. I go straight to the source and tell them I have never used it, and how do I access it. You don't lose points for asking for guidance on something you have never done before. (And yeah, I blew an hour reading through tons of stupid stuff looking for an easy answer. I am fluent with FTP, but this one is beyond me. Personally? I would either engage a rep at Amazon or go back to the source.

Greenguy 2023-02-10 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 570290)
Hmmm.. okay. I will let you borrow my Dummy's Page.

1 - Google can be your best friend
2 - What does the app say? Do they have any help files you can access?
3 - Does that app have customer service? Can you open a general ticket or chat with a rep?
4 - Now, this is the kicker. It's probably the fastest and easiest but it is the hardest on the ego. I go straight to the source and tell them I have never used it, and how do I access it. You don't lose points for asking for guidance on something you have never done before. (And yeah, I blew an hour reading through tons of stupid stuff looking for an easy answer. I am fluent with FTP, but this one is beyond me. Personally? I would either engage a rep at Amazon or go back to the source.

App? What app? lol

I did go back & tell them I've never uploaded to an Amazon server & they replied with what trouble are you having or some shit lol so dummy is thinking he should know this, but if none of the 7 people around here does...

Pagan 2023-02-10 05:08 PM

heheh.. We are too old school here to deal with Amazon and its unique servers. Dummy doesn't have to know everything. He is good at what he knows though.

Greenguy 2023-02-11 07:36 AM

I figured out that I needed FileZillaPro |thumb