Thread: whale tail
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-20, 04:22 PM   #18
Opti
I Didn't Do It

Send a message via ICQ to Opti
Garv doesnt seem to be about.. so I'll just let people know that Bosshawg did see this thread and as expected, there was nothing malicous or even slightly suspect going on.

Garv thought the domain was registered to a Deli site until 2007. He had offered them $1000 for it but they werent interested. he figured, well at least another adult site wont be able to get it either, so it's safe to keep working this dashed version of the domain. Garv assumed someone had seen all his publicity, gone to the Deli site owner and offered them more money, specifically to trade off the idea... which I can see would make you feel pretty mad in his shoes.

Anyway, what actually happened..... the domain dropped weeks ago and went into a drop domain auction. Bosshawg and another of the bigass domain market people ended up in a bidding battle for it.. not just because of the publicity garv had generated around the term and certainly not with any intention to undermine his site... without knowing the full story, no experienced domain buyer would expect a person who built a site on a dashed version of a domain had any serious branding intentions like Garv does.

I just want to point out to Garv that you are a dickhead for posting this thread, particularly when I told you last night that it was GOOD news if the Hawgs were the ones who bought it as they are the fairest big players in this biz and would do something to help you out almost for certain.

Anyway.... I said the guy had surprised me before.. but even I didnt expect this.

The copyright date is already changed as you wanted... and the domain is yours if you would like it. At the same price Bosshawg paid!

And just to blow your socks right off your feet... you can have up to 6 months to pay Bosshawg the money he has already paid out of his pocket for the domain.

Although it's not 100% good news :\ One downside of your branding success is, this domain didn't sell cheaply! ;- )

*This is a person we want in our business people... If you agree, vote with your feet and Try http://www.adultplayersclub.com/
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote