View Single Post
Old 2006-01-19, 05:40 AM   #9
ecchi
Banned

1. Use the spam boards on all the WM boards to announce your site (this worked well for me a couple of years back for a TGP). But only use the boards that are for spam, spamming the "non-spam" boards will piss off other members of the board and get you on a lot of blacklists.

2. If you need lots of submits, why do you have the rule "No more than 1 submit per webmaster during 24 hours."? Wait until you have plenty of submissions before adding this.

3. If you have been reading recent threads on this board you will be aware that a lot of WMs take extreme exception to sites in bad English, so check yours through carefully (eg. "Free e-mail addresses don't allowed").

4. If you can afford it, most WM boards sell advertising. But be aware this is "dead money" (set up costs). A few years ago I won some free advertising on a now defunct WM site, I used it to push a link list and TGP site, it got me quite a few submitters. In the case of your site, probably best to use the board aimed at gay webmasters.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote