View Single Post
Old 2006-07-01, 10:26 AM   #47
oast
With $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like ... love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_montelbaun
If you do something to make the syndicated post your own (like CNN, Yahoo, MSN etc often do with AP/Reuters stories) then you may be able to get the SEs to treat your version as original content.
That is something I'm looking into with two of my new "blogs".

With another WP plugin, the "extra" content in some RSS feeds can be used. For example, on Adult Weblogger I am using an RSS from Rabbit's Reviews. In the RSS are links to a graphic of the front page of each reviewed site, and sometimes links to galleries (if Rabbit has them). Although they are in the RSS, these 'extras' don't show on my syndicated content... only on my site, as I have coded them directly into the index.php of the theme, not with the post as it is stored in the database.
Although the wording remains the same, there is more to the article than on other sites, so is this seen as 'different'?

Just thought... Google themselves can be 'guilty' of using duplicate content. Do they not use the data from DMOZ.org for their directory?

Yes they have the option to present the listings in a different order (by pagerank), but it is essentially the same data. Plus the miriad of other 'directories' that are simply a copy of DMOZ, but with their own .css. Some of them are quite high on Google's ranking.