View Single Post
Old 2007-02-01, 01:44 PM   #1
jennym
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to jennym
Trading with penalized sites??

Ok, this has been bugging me for a few days, so lets see what everyone thinks. I think linking to a lot of penalized sites is bad for my page (Google wise). Do you agree?

Now, the hard thing is deciding who I think is penalized by Google. Here are the 2 scenarios that are currently bugging me. Please keep in mind that I do not care about PR for PR sake when trading. I only mention PR in the following examples as ways to possibly determine a penalty.

If a site/page has been online for over a year, shouldn't it have some PR? I am coming across 2 things in checking over my link trades that bother me.

1) Site/page online for over a year (some online for 3 or 4 years)...no PR, but site is cached. Do you think this is indicative of a penalty? Would you trade with a site like this? Would you delete a trade with a site like this?

2) Site/page online for over a year....no PR, and NO CACHE of the page. Do you think this is indicative of a penalty? Would you trade with a site like this? Would you delete a trade with a site like this?

Thoughts please....
jennym is offline   Reply With Quote