View Single Post
Old 2007-04-05, 07:23 PM   #39
Chop Smith
Eighteen 'til I Die

Send a message via ICQ to Chop Smith
Bill and Linkster, a qualified yes. I am usually ahead of 2257 matters before they hit the board and attempt to anticipate changes that effect the script.

Linkster, you will recall in July in the infamous "Staff Meeting", as I was discussing the age verification issue I referred to the fact that Congress were doing a end around on the 2257 court litigation. We made a few changes in the script but nothing big. The new law, as most do, require that regulations be written. It has been several weeks since I did a search but I do not believe the AG has issued any new regs on this. I look for the old regs to be used. If so the qualified yes becomes an affirmative.

Do I think everyone needs to drop all their work to rush out, buy software and implement it to maintain 2257 records? No! The day will come when all US webmasters (primary and secondary - the same under the new deal) will have to keep a complicated set of records but the smoke has not cleared yet.

For sakes, don't anyone panic and do something stupid. Last time when the "sky was falling', some good folks got hurt.