View Single Post
Old 2008-09-08, 11:22 AM   #17
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
I may have categories that have far fewer links listed than others, but that doesn't concern me at all, so I'm going to take this time to semi-hijack this thread.

Vary your niches. As the world's premiere link reviewer, I find it extremely annoying to see any single submitter constantly submitting to the same category day after day. I know it's a royal pain in the ass to switch gears when you've found a niche the works well for you, or one that particularly inspires your creativity. But no link list wants to allow any individual submitter to dominate any single category. If you must rip out 10 free sites aimed for the same category, do not submit them 10 days in a row.

Quality. I really enjoy listing free sites that are more than just the same old template, 3 standard links out to a sponsor, and quickly chosen content. I have a handful of submitters who produce free sites of a caliber that I consider to be way ahead of their competitors, and those sites actually make everyone else's sites a total bore to review. That handful of builders obviously takes more time selecting content, writing sales text and basically filling almost every square inch of their sites. They are masters of ad layout, really take advantage of space in order to push traffic to their sponsor/hub/link list, and are not afraid to be creative, or even shocking, with their text. They usually work 3-4 niches strongly and occasionally test the waters of another. Also, their submitted descriptions show that they know their niche AND that they've read the descriptions on a link list or two over the years and know what actually gets published on a link list instead of some bunch of garbled hypothetical nonsense that barely even pertains to the site they've submitted.