View Single Post
Old 2008-09-10, 09:42 AM   #34
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by elGordo View Post
Hmmm, although I get your point, I don't necessarily agree with your statement.

I'd like to think that I write great sales text, but I agree that I wouldn't spoon feed someone, rather, I'd point them in the right direction and give them the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.
I officially have no idea what you are not agreeing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elGordo View Post
If everybody were to just lurk and never share any ideas, what's the point of this community?
Ah. You know what your problem is? You aren't jaded yet.

Here's the thing. I used to enjoy helping newbies and I'll still occasionally pop into a newbie thread to redirect it if I see someone is getting shit advice or an important fact is being left out. Do you know why I bother to do that? Because it'll make me look smart and experienced to some poor schmuck who doesn't know the truth; the reality that I'm nothing more than an angry little man who can't make things work, will never truly succeed in this business. So I make myself feel better by unleashing criticism and a torrent of explicatives on idiots who couldn't possibly put up a good defense in a battle of words against a guy like me - a wannabe English professor who'd rather wallow in self-pity and self-hatred than build the motivation to go back to school.