View Single Post
Old 2008-10-27, 11:58 AM   #7
Element115
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

In my opinion, most adult bloggers focus way too hard on trying to please the search engines. While it's true that the ability to generate SE traffic is one of the strengths of blogging, I disagree that this is a blog's greatest strength. The greatest asset a blog has is the ability to generate buzz and in my experience this is the difference between a mediocre blog and a successful blog.

Instead of asking the question "would somebody actually read this blog?" ask this question instead. If I were a surfer and I came across this blog would I find it interesting enough to show it to someone else? That applies to any style of blog whether it be adult, political or whatever.

I haven't been doing this very long but I can easily look at all of the blogs I've done so far and tell you that there is a clear cut difference between the ones that are successful and the ones that aren't. The ones that do well get lots of comments, they get posted to forums, people post them on their own blogs etc. Not only do you get free backlinks out of the deal but you will basically have people out there selling your blog for you. Generally speaking, I'd say this traffic blows SE traffic away because a lot of times guys are showing your blog to the people that are most interested.

This is the approach that I take to all of my new blogs now and I've had to rethink how I approach some of my older blogs but I can already see the difference it's making. Not just in terms of traffic but my conversions have started to go up as well.

I also want to add that if you aren't enjoying yourself while you're writing a post, than chances are it's not that interesting of a read either. I say DON'T censor yourself. In fact, just the opposite. Be a smart ass, go with the fuck you attitude if that's what works for you. What's the worst that could happen? You piss off Bill O'Reilly and you end up on Fox News.....GOOD! That's Buzzzzzzzz.....

Last edited by Element115; 2008-10-27 at 12:05 PM..
Element115 is offline   Reply With Quote