View Single Post
Old 2005-10-04, 12:32 AM   #44
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
Moby, actually - no. The requirement to get a room was to be part of the internext group. Failure to have a badge made you not part of the internext group, which means you obtained the reservation through fraudulent means (you claimed to be part of a group that you then refused to be part of).

I don't think the hotel or AVN would be on the hook at that point - people booked and showed up knowing it was a "hotel takeover".

I think AVN learned something from Miami. The hotel was not a sell out (rooms were available 2 days before the show book direct with the hotel), and the attendance for the event was down overall. The show at Mandalay was such a screw up that it taught people to work without badges. Huge numbers of people spent their day hanging out in the middle bar and in the hallway leading to the show. No need to pay AVN $X for a badge if seeing the show floor isn't in your plans.

Now, this time, the "internext" badge will (apparently) also get you access to the video show, so there is some additional value. But if the badges are still $300, then I will have to make other arrangements. Paying for a badge at that price is truly outside the realm of "value".

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote