Thread: DOOOOOOMMMMM!
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 11:08 PM   #5
Torn Rose
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

This was the first time ever I went to the shelter to get a cat, I grew up in farmland Indiana, so there was always an abandoned cat somewhere.

I found my first cat Ms. Randi Elizabeth at my elderly farming neighbor 2 months before I got my drivers license and I had her for over 17+ years and her passing 4+ years ago hit us hard.

Toni had Aurora for 17+ years who was a gift from an aunt, and as with Randi we both got hit hard when she passed almost 3 years ago. We got both Alexia and Reggie from Indiana farmers a year apart, so they was “free” as well and this past February we found out Reggie had cancer and was given “1 month to 2 years” and since he is still "young" by our standards we both feel very cheated, he’s doing “ok” but it’s getting closer.

The shelter is about 1 mile from us, we pass it daily as we go to the gym, I knew Toni could not handle going there so I have been telling her BS stories to explain why I was gone for 3 hours yesterday and where I went today. The shelter had a special which was basically “get 1 get ½ off the second” so it was $150 total for both, but I donated another $50 to the shelter since I wish I could volunteer there, I just can’t deal with those places since I have such a huge weakness for animals and it just breaks my heart walking into them.

So far they have been demons, totally into playing with those fake mice and Drew LOVES to growl as he plays, Sakura so far has tried to rip my necklace off a dozen times and went for a earring of mine and of course missed the earring but not the ear…. BITCH!

It has been 15+ years since we have had to deal with a kitten and now we have 2….

Wow…

I’m an idiot.
Torn Rose is offline   Reply With Quote