View Single Post
Old 2008-10-27, 08:58 AM   #1
digifan
...and since we know an end will come it makes our living so much fun

Send a message via ICQ to digifan
My terminal stopped loading

I just realised it lost its icon and when I try to launch it, it starts loading then quits itself. It is the one in leopard, 10.5.5.
I downloaded a widget from apple last night and I could type in a few commands but was not able to save them. A prro guy told me these should be saved, I am not a terminal user otherwise.

I don't know if it is a darwin error, if I am missing developer tools but I have a guess what went wrong.

I have no external backup drives nor time capsule and I have thrown out everything I don not need from the system like gigs of printer drivers etc. I have no printer, scanner, camera so I had no use for them.

On top of that, freeing up space, I was using Monolingual as well as Xslimmer, both save a ton of free space. Now on my 3 yr old mini the terminal window works just fine and it is ppc only now (Tiger 4.11), but the other one, the 1 yr old Intel mini with leopard installed on it has this issue.

Is there a way to bring it back?

I got the newer mini with leopard installed on but an earlier version.. and the software updates have been working nicely. I still have the original installer of course just no space to backup the disk.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Webair Rocks
digifan is offline   Reply With Quote