View Single Post
Old 2008-09-09, 07:43 AM   #29
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Mr. Useless, could you enlighten some of us with an example or two of the types of sites you are speaking of, both brilliant and lame? Quality is always in the eye of the beholder, but even us blind folks can be taught a little.
I'm Mr. Useless now, huh?

Justbondage hit the nail on the head. The chances of me posting links to what I consider to be the best free sites are pretty much the same as someone who writes really good sales text will post in this thread. Also, just because I look at them and think they're great, doesn't mean that they are producing tons of sales.

Let's face it - one of the suckier parts of this business is that your work is out there for all of your competition to see. If you come up with something that is brilliant, any fool can come along and copy it. I think one of the keys to doing well is to not share everything on boards. Whether there is a correlation or not, I do not know, but I will tell you that the people I consider to be the best submitters are all members here and they hardly ever post. So, anyway, I share their work with surfers - not webmasters.

Last edited by Useless; 2008-09-09 at 07:49 AM..
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote