View Single Post
Old 2005-01-24, 02:19 AM   #1
GeorgeTH
Don't let a programmer design your front-end pages!

Thumbs down Support from sponsors - or lack thereof!

I'm getting quite often frustrated by the affiliate support from sponsors, and as far as this board goes I have aired that a few times already...

The last fortnight has been particularly bad - just 2 examples:

· on the 6th, and again on the 11th of January I sent 2 emails to silvercash pointing out mistakes in their stats. NO answer to this date! Then last week they had a thread on the other board (gfy) that they took on new staff, so I jumped in and mentioned it again with my account number, thinking somebody might follow it up - NO! In this case I have actually being credited some 3 or 4 sign-ups which are obviously not mine... I don't mind the extra few buck$, but it also shows that there's a serious flaw in their entire stat system, which can affect hundreds of webmasters...

· then on the 17th I wrote a long-ish email to Karup, in which I basically complained about lack of support. E.g. only by chance did I find out that they actually have hosted galleries - you think they would send a newsletter telling you about it? And I also need some more content if I want to continue advertising their sites... Status up to today: SILENCE!
The same day I sent a shorter message to MetArt regarding content, and - - - I had a positive reply the next morning!
Guess which site I will be advertising more?

I know I'm not one of the big guns, many probably make in a day more than me in a week, but then emails like that take me some time to write (as most here know: I'm not a native English speaker) - if I wouldn't waste time on correspondence like this who knows how much more productive I could be?

Since I'm at it: I'm still waiting on replies from important emails to MaxCash in 2000, PrimeCash in 2002, and TrafficCash in 2003...