View Single Post
Old 2020-10-13, 09:03 AM   #12
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAI-LING View Post
Better safe than sorry. Do lockdowns work? I don't think so if EU and US are any standards for measure. Common sense works though. I know I wouldn't want to get hit with it and go on a ventilator. Survivor stories are horrifying.
I think to a degree the lockdowns do work. If the virus spreads more easily when people are indoors talking loud (or singing) like in bars, then not going to bars makes sense. If you have to be close to people, mask up. People can easily do this themselves, but they prefer to have government do it for them, I guess, so they can bitch about it.

For some of the younger people that have dealth with it, they are enduring months of lingering problems that are no laughing matter. thinks he is immune, but then, I have my doubts that he was that seriously ill. I think a lot of this is just bad acting.

We will see in the next few weeks with having his political rallys. These are among the very few live participation events going on in the world, so everyone's eyes are on them. If people don't get sick, great. But why risk attending an event like that?

This goes hand in hand with something The Husband and I were just talking about -- live streaming music concerts. I am a total live music addict and I miss being able to go out to the venues every night for my fix. We just don't have that many shows here in Finland, plus we are way out in the sticks. Some of the artists got smart and did live streams where you can buy tickets and get certain perks like behind the scenes footage. It has been awesome, and we try to catch every one we can both from here in Finland and from Texas. I can appreciate the difference in the energy levels between live and streamed, but... it doesn't spread the virus, it lets the artist earn some money, and we get front row seats plus no travel.

Why in this age is anyone insisting on doing full-on live rallys???