View Single Post
Old 2011-12-24, 10:32 AM   #3
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Morning all.

Up after about 5 hours sleep. Ran out of space on my server yesterday. After being on that box for years, I finally outgrew it.

Spent the day deleting content for AVS sites that have no members, notifying people to take down links. I managed to free up about 40GB on the drives to buy me some time.

Unfortunately, moving to my new bigger server means I can't use my existing CMS script, as I don't have the money they want the old owners of the script to pay for their yearly support fee.

I've used Arles by Digital Dutch for years to create the galleries for my TGP's and Free Sites and just found out it supports multi layers / subcateogories so I can use it to create my members areas, and update it with new content relatively easy.

It is going to take me some time though to create the members areas, then re-upload 150+ GB of content a site at a time, and delete it off sitedepth while I go so that I don't run out of space again doing it. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

But when I'm done, I'll have two 1TB drives on my box, and 2X the ram for only $50 more a month so I'm pretty happy, and no script I can't move to a new box when I outgrow that one.

That's been my last 24 hours.
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote