View Single Post
Old 2010-03-29, 10:41 PM   #7
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

I don't think what you are asking is that far off base. If you think about it, in reality all of the sites that you publish are really just different templates for content.

A blog uses a template, but, has elements that are based around a published story with some content and a link to somewhere. A tube site is just a different presentation of similar data. Videos have descriptions, ratings, tags, keywords, a detail page, a 'category' listing. A linklist is again just a different presentation of content. The 'article' may be a short description, the title, link to the external site, etc.

So, in reality, everything that is done is really just a different presentation for similar data. A CMS of some sort could handle a single admin for multiple sites, and each site would have different modules and a template. A single admin could recognize the link's parent site, and ask the right questions. I.e. tube = ask for video data. blog = ask for a longer article. linklist = ask for short description.

I don't think a single site admin is that far from reality IF you can rewrite all of the components for each piece of the puzzle.