View Single Post
Old 2008-10-11, 01:47 PM   #11
MadCat
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
If your putting up a sales page then the answer is yes. If its done, lets say like blogger where they just put up a page that says the blog has been disabled and a little ad for the free host, then no
Well, I'm in the process of building a free blog host, and I want some input from the other side of the fence as well In your opinion, if I disable a blog for not following the rules, or spamming, whatever reason, what would you (as blog directory owner) suggest as being the proper behaviour so I still get a disabled blog, but you don't lose the links, or get notified, or somesuch?

One thing I was thinking about is having an API available that directory owners could query to get the status of the blogs that were submitted to them, but that might be a pain in the ass to implement for any directory owner. Not too sure yet on what would be the proper behaviour. Maybe just zap all the posts off the blog, put one blog post back in that states the blog is disabled, but keep all links intact.

Dunno how that'd work out as far as trades go but I imagine the trade would suddenly stop being productive so it'd get tossed out on the directory end anyway, right?

Anyway, any and all suggestions are welcome
MadCat is offline   Reply With Quote