View Single Post
Old 2008-09-23, 02:39 PM   #7
Princess Ellisa
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

So I dabble quite a bit in offline marketing for online adult companies. What I tell all of my clients is that what you are really doing when you try these types of placements tends to be an exercise in branding and product placement rather than straight up cpc advertising.

It is harder to measure the effectiveness of these campaigns because so many people realize they can drop the / and whatever comes after it and still get to the same site. What I always recommend is if you can put a special offer with it and then use whatever promo code they put in to identify the source of the traffic afterwards as people are much more prone to doing this.

The types of promos that I have done were all done on the beach during US College spring break. We handed out condoms for sex search and adult rental movie cards, but the most effective thing was taking pictures of the co-eds partying and handing them a card that referred them to a site where they could get their pics and we of course then had banner spots etc for the sponsors at that location.

Site went from 0 hits to 35,000 uniques in 2 weeks which is nothing if you are buying traffic... but when it is all word of mouth it is pretty solid.

Princess E.

Princess Ellisa is offline   Reply With Quote