View Single Post
Old 2006-08-02, 11:08 PM   #1
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
At the end of this week I will never paint again

That's right you heard me. I have been painting this house with the wife for 2 weeks now and will never lift a brush/roller again. I think my arms are broken from doing the ceilings tonight.
Heres what I learned.
1)Never let a woman paint a room.
2) Never paint red
3) put your foot down when your gut tells you to.

Now heres my reasons.
1) Most women I know either have no real eye for design and want to make shit way to over the top. Frilly shit and flowers and fucked up colors. One room is green, one room is pink one room has a big red wall. My wife thinks the whole house is her new cam room lol. My toughts are, simple is best. Nutral colors. Less to clean, rooms look bigger and most important people think the less in a room the more costly shit is so they either leave fast or just don't touch shit. Both are fine with me.
2) Wife insisted on a maroon color. well 1 wall and 2 gallons later I will never touch that wall again. Something about the pigment in red toned paints make them very hard to cover any color on a wall, even white. God dam it still boggles my mind 1 10ft long wall and 2 fucking gallons at $25 each. Well at least the color will cover the blood stains when I freak out.
3) Should have told the wife NO on the red and should have just put the foot down when the wife did not want to do the trim in the rooms. We had to do it anyway and it would have just stopped 2 days of argueing.

God we dont even have any furniture in the house and she is already talking about placing the tv on an outside corner of the room. That's right, not inside a corner. The outside so anyone who walks by can either knock it over or break their toes. Wonderful, lawsuits are comming.
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote