View Single Post
Old 2006-08-15, 01:43 PM   #7
ponygirl
on vacation

Send a message via ICQ to ponygirl
ok, let me see if I get this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Surfers who come in at gallery level are offered many links that will filter them into the link list or blog, for those who don't mind missing the immediate gratification of galleries for the added content available in most free sites, and for those who like to read and aren't in a hurry to get off right now, maybe because they already have. Surfers are encouraged to check out the link list and blog if they're surfing gallery pages. Surfers are encouraged to check out the blog if they're on link list pages.
basically, give them choices - if they're not looking for the quick fix, they may be interested in browsing or reading. So you're linking to the blog/LL from the galleries, right? that would be like making a freesite with links to the blog on it, like I do now with my LL.

Quote:
Surfers on the link list have the blog suggested to them, and have a link available to go to the gallery sections, but going (back) to the gallery sections is never promoted anywhere on the link list pages.

Surfer values:
3 Blog surfer
2 Link List surfer
1 TGP/MGP surfer

Always try to move surfer to higher value and try to prevent surfer from "losing value."
you mean from 1 to 2 to 3 or the other way around?

I know this is just one opinion, but I need all the info I can get to make informed changes

Quote:
that is really funny
ponygirl is offline   Reply With Quote