Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-04-15, 07:50 PM   #1
lorsha
So much sperm ... So little time!

Talking Lorshasworld.com first shot at a free site. Critique please!

Good evening all. This is Mark; lorshas husband. I just finished making our first ever free site; and have not yet submitted it anywhere. I was hoping I could get some constructive criticism from you all. I have very little experience with this kind of stuff, but I am happy with my first effort. Question is, will anyone else be!

http://www.lorshasworld.com/nymilf.htm

Thanks so much for your time!

Mark & Lorsha
Old 2006-04-15, 08:02 PM   #2
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Howdy neighbor I live in Glens Falls, but don't worry - I'll promise not to stalk you if you promise not to stalk me.

I'm seeing two problems. First, you really want the free site to be in a folder all its own and the warning page to be index.html. Second, a couple of those banners will get you rejected due to looking like thumbs. Otherwise, I'd say it's a fairly tasty wife...ehem...free site.
Old 2006-04-15, 08:14 PM   #3
lorsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior
Howdy neighbor I live in Glens Falls, but don't worry - I'll promise not to stalk you if you promise not to stalk me.

I'm seeing two problems. First, you really want the free site to be in a folder all its own and the warning page to be index.html. Second, a couple of those banners will get you rejected due to looking like thumbs. Otherwise, I'd say it's a fairly tasty wife...ehem...free site.
Ahh; that is the type of info I am looking for! Thanks so much for your time. I guess I will make them both more "bannerish" heh. You are referring to both of the ones on this page: http://www.lorshasworld.com/nymilfmain.htm correct?

Thanks again so much for your time!

Mark & Lorsha
Old 2006-04-15, 08:22 PM   #4
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Exactly
Old 2006-04-15, 09:28 PM   #5
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Hey there Mark

I agree with UW's comments about the entry page and making those banners more clear that they lead to a paysite. Other than that, very well done...nice clean site

Oh, and Lorsha is one tasty MILF...but then, you already know that
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 09:51 PM   #6
lorsha

You guys are being so VERY helpful. We really do appreciate your input. This is very nerve racking to say the least!

Okay. Here is the new warning page: http://www.lorshasworld.com/free/nymilf.htm

I took your advice and put everything in a /free folder. But now I have a question on the index.html recommendation. I am not very savy when it comes to the tech stuff.

I do know that my server/webhost uses the .htm extension and not .html Will some lists not accept our sites because of this?

Also this part really confuses me: As far as making the warning page index.htm Once I put up one warning page with 9 recips and call it index.htm I would have to name the rest of the pages something else after that. Since I will want to change the recips on the warning page for the next 9 submissions. So could you please explain that further?

|confused|

Mark & Lorsha
Old 2006-04-15, 10:09 PM   #7
lorsha

Ack! Forgot to ask one last thing.

I have noticed up to 16 and even more recips on warning pages. Is this frowned upon? Or preferred perhaps?

Mark & Lorsha

( Someday I will give back to another newb; the help you are giving me now. )
Old 2006-04-15, 10:32 PM   #8
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
UW said it all. As for the index question, most people make different folders instead of different named "index" pages, in each folder you would have a index page.

I dont know about everyone, but index pages with 16 recips are usually prefered, but as with anything, long as they are done well. You could have 6 and look like crap or 16 that look good.

ronnie
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 10:38 PM   #9
lorsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie
UW said it all. As for the index question, most people make different folders instead of different named "index" pages, in each folder you would have a index page.

I dont know about everyone, but index pages with 16 recips are usually prefered, but as with anything, long as they are done well. You could have 6 and look like crap or 16 that look good.

ronnie
Ahhh I see. Different folders, then index pages in each gotcha. But does the .html or .htm really matter? Since I can only do .htm pages.

And understood on the recip amount. Bottom line, make it look good.

Thanks Ronnie!
Old 2006-04-15, 10:48 PM   #10
MrYum

Yep, those banners are a bit more clear now

The reason behind the banner change is to avoid blind links. To give you a better understanding of blind links, here's a great thread on the subject;

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...ad.php?t=23441

On the folders issue, there are several ways to do it. Probably the simplest is:
domain.com/keyword/index.htm
domain.com/keyword2/index.htm
domain.com/keyword3/index.htm
etc..

There should be no problem with using htm instead of html. However, if you do decide you want to use html...that should be a very easy fix.

Recips wise, Ronnie is right...I've seen 6 that look like crap...and I've seen as many as 20 that looked great. 12-16 is a pretty good sweet spot. To use that many recips and make em look good, a lot of folks use custom recips. Doing so enables one to keep the recips consistent thereby creating a cleaner recip table. Very few link sites mind if you use custom recips as long as you maintain the links and anchor text. A board search for 'custom recips' should return some good info on the subject. Or, surf some free site listings...you'll know the custom recips when you see em
Old 2006-04-16, 12:03 AM   #11
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsha
Ahhh I see. Different folders, then index pages in each gotcha. But does the .html or .htm really matter? Since I can only do .htm pages.
I cant see how it would matter to any one what index it is, be it .htm, .html or .php. Are you sure you can only use .htm? Most hosting, it does'nt matter, it could be any three of the above, as long as there is only one index page. Have you tried index.html?

One big note on recip tables, if your doing text, which "most" LL's perfer nowdays, make sure you check the pages before your submit. I see SO many text recips that are not readable because of the color of the background, link colors, ect. Hate to get declined just because of a color issue. When I was doing free sites, I always checked each page, to make sure everything was alright. Does'nt take long and could save you some headaches...

ronnie
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 11:35 AM   #12
lorsha

I took your advice MrYum and read over carefully the post on the blind links. I think I have a much better understanding of what to do now. Thanks again so much guys for the advice. Here is the finished product of our first free site: http://www.lorshasworld.com/free/index.htm

Looking forward to making more!

Mark & Lorsha
Old 2006-04-16, 03:23 PM   #13
MrYum

Quote:
I took your advice MrYum and read over carefully the post on the blind links. I think I have a much better understanding of what to do now. Thanks again so much guys for the advice. Here is the finished product of our first free site: http://www.lorshasworld.com/free/index.htm

Looking forward to making more!

Mark & Lorsha
Excellent...yea, that thread has helped many folks

The site looks good and I'd list it as is

The only thing I see that some reviewers may balk at would be the top right banner on the 2nd gallery. That one could still be considered a bit blind. It doesn't mention the site name, or "Take the Tour"...etc.. Perhaps just add a bit of text below "Cum Watch" to read "Cum Watch @ Lorsha's World".

Other than that...nice clean site...well done
Old 2006-04-16, 03:58 PM   #14
lorsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum
Excellent...yea, that thread has helped many folks

The site looks good and I'd list it as is

The only thing I see that some reviewers may balk at would be the top right banner on the 2nd gallery. That one could still be considered a bit blind. It doesn't mention the site name, or "Take the Tour"...etc.. Perhaps just add a bit of text below "Cum Watch" to read "Cum Watch @ Lorsha's World".

Other than that...nice clean site...well done
Made the change on that one hun. And here is a big Cheer for all your help! And I just submitted to your site.

~ Lorsha
Old 2006-04-16, 09:55 PM   #15
MrYum

Quote:
Made the change on that one hun. And here is a big Cheer for all your help! And I just submitted to your site.

~ Lorsha
Glad to help Lorsha

And thanks for the submission...I do have a weakness for MILF