Greenguy's Board


Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-05-26, 10:34 PM   #1
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!
 
MrYum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sunny Florida!
Posts: 5,108
Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Hard to say TB...perhaps the owner isn't really growing the list Sometimes in the search for a quick buck, people will start something...then when the $$$ doesn't flow in...they lose interest. Don't know if that's the case here...but I've seen it happen before...many times.

Having only recently opened my list to public submissions, I can tell you that there's a significant amount of work involved in starting a link site...and maintaining it. It becomes a labor of love to some extent...and requires constant nurturing to grow...BIGGER...and BIGGER
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-28, 12:26 AM   #2
tb
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum
...perhaps the owner isn't really growing the list
O.K. let me clarify that.
This guy accepts all submissions within minutes. You get a clean e-mail confirming your listing, and then a little while later another e-mail asking you if you could put a recip on your page.
It's fast and your link is there.
I have checked my server stats and it's even sending me some hits.

I have submitted three links and all three played out this way.

This not an abandoned ship. The crew is on board and responding very fast.

My question is: why is no one sailing this ship?

Lets say you submitt to a link list and the list goes stale or dies, so???

There is absolutly no risk. As far as I know.

So why isn't this guy expanding his list exponentialy?

In 2 weeks I have not seen another submission to the category I submitted to.

I have absolutly no vested interest in this site, this is merely a puzzled newbie thing.

Why is everyone ignoring this list?

Is there a risk I don't know about?

I thought that making money on the web was all about maximizing your exposure.

Thanks for all your patience with Mr. Newbie and thanks for all of your opinions.
tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Mark Read
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Greenguy Marketing Inc