Greenguy's Board


Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Search Engines
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-01, 04:16 PM   #1
CaptainJSparrow
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 511
Send a message via ICQ to CaptainJSparrow
Viper, we've had 4 different sites spike way up, once each, since June. Each time it stays up for a few days then goes back to normal. Kinda weird, I'm wondering if it's an algo change why it wouldn't happen to more sites, or even those 4 sites, all at the same time.

Starting this thread, I was wondering if anyone else's sites spiked way up Tuesday and Wednesday this week and then went back to normal. Had it happened to alot of folks at the same time, it would be more indicative of an algo change or filter adjustment.
CaptainJSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 02:38 PM   #2
LowryBigwood
Don't get discouraged; it's usually the last key that opens the lock...
 
LowryBigwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJSparrow View Post
Viper, we've had 4 different sites spike way up, once each, since June. Each time it stays up for a few days then goes back to normal. Kinda weird, I'm wondering if it's an algo change why it wouldn't happen to more sites, or even those 4 sites, all at the same time.

Starting this thread, I was wondering if anyone else's sites spiked way up Tuesday and Wednesday this week and then went back to normal. Had it happened to alot of folks at the same time, it would be more indicative of an algo change or filter adjustment.
As I stated earlier in this thread I didn't notice anything like this recently. But, In June and July(maybe earlier August too) I did experience these "spikes" which lasted a few days then vanished. My traffic was up about 4 times during the traffic spike what it is right now.
__________________
Free Porn Buddy | Porn Buddy Blog
LowryBigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 11:58 AM   #3
Pertunda
Are you sure you're an accredited and honored pornographer?
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 69
Send a message via ICQ to Pertunda
captainsparrow,

The exact same thing happened to two of my sites. I had huge spikes in traffic from google on tuesday and wednesday and then the traffic dropped back to normal thursday and friday.

This actually is a normal occurence for the last 2 years for me when google does a big update. for the last two years (about 3 times each year) this happens when google has some big updates to its SERPs.
Pertunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 04:38 AM   #4
xxxjay
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)
 
xxxjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,787
Send a message via ICQ to xxxjay Send a message via AIM to xxxjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJSparrow View Post
Viper, we've had 4 different sites spike way up, once each, since June. Each time it stays up for a few days then goes back to normal. Kinda weird, I'm wondering if it's an algo change why it wouldn't happen to more sites, or even those 4 sites, all at the same time.

Starting this thread, I was wondering if anyone else's sites spiked way up Tuesday and Wednesday this week and then went back to normal. Had it happened to alot of folks at the same time, it would be more indicative of an algo change or filter adjustment.
Hopefully, what we are seeing is Google re-shuffling the deck. I remember before they changed indexes the last time I would see my pages bounce on and off the top of the SERPS almost hourly, then they would go back to "normal", they they would go back to "shit", then "shit" became "normal", and that's what we've been stuck with the last couple months.

If we are lucky, (and from what I've been noticing from watching SE patterns for the last 10 years) we are seeing google rolling on and off what will be the new index. Maybe that was just a taste of it.

All that being said, I would not expect Google to reward sites just doing reciprocal linking, so don't get lazy...think outside the box...I am trying some new ideas, some radical, some less radical to try and stay on the crest of the wave.
__________________
Circle Of Violence
xxxjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Mark Read
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Greenguy Marketing Inc