Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Programming & Scripting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-07-20, 05:24 PM   #1
Sandra
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Link of the Day script

I've spent hours looking for a simple Link of the Day script. There are plenty of scripts for random links - one of which I use to link to galleries. What I want is a simple script that I can add to a page to link to a list of sponsor galleries - or even my own created galleries.

I have found a javascript to do this: http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/cut182.shtml

But I don't want to put a list of the 31 links in my source. I know that I can create a library (I think that's the right term) and then put something on my pages to use that library. This way I can use the code on various pages or easily change the one file that carries the links.

I found a tutorial that showed me how to make the *.js file - but no information on what to do with the link that is shown on the above page to make it refer to the *.js file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. After 8 hours of Googling, Yahoo, and Dogpile searching I was at the end of my rope. :-)

Sandra
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote