Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2010-06-23, 09:28 PM   #1
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Payout Scavenger Hunt Complete

So I've finished the grueling task of going through all my affiliate accounts and checking conversions/ratios while I was otherwise occupied. The results are somewhat interesting so I thought I'd share them; my own personal "Cheers n' Jeers" if you will.

I should say up front that when my shop moved about 3.5 years ago my head was so far out of it that I never updated addresses, so several sponsors had returned checks and held the money for me; for 3+ years without a single login from me. Others have me locked out of their affiliate interfaces and have yet to respond to my emails almost a week later, so even if I shake something out of them they don't get a pat on the back.

First off, the following sponsors had money sitting right there for me. Many are below the minimum payout, but the money's right there waiting for another sale or two. After watching all the scams in this business; it warms my cold, black little heart to see honest programs so I'm happy to give them a shout out.

OC Cash
Pussy Cash
Rise Cash
AEBN
Topbucks
Rage Cash
CCBill (my fucking heroes, just shy of a grand coming my way once accounting sorts things out and 2 rebills still running)
WEG Cash (who always sent the occasional check because they had my home addy)

Also, I got immediate and very helpful responses to inquiries from the following programs; though they didn't owe me anything:

Naughty America
Guerilla Traffic

I'm not going to list everyone who hasn't gotten back to me yet, because it's not really fair to point fingers at this point. The other notable thing I found was that there were a couple places I had zero conversions, even though I'd sent half an assload of traffic. I'm not trying to bash these programs, but I find it curious that 100% clicked link list traffic resulted in conversion ratios this poor.

Extreme Paychecks, 0:22,191
PE Cash: 0:29,947

I bet you can guess whose links are getting pulled in the revamp

Anyway, I always find this kind of stuff interesting so I wanted to post it.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 09:33 PM   #2
oldbrad
It is better to watch things then to do them

Send a message via AIM to oldbrad Send a message via Yahoo to oldbrad
How much does WEG owe you and do you think you'll get it?
Old 2010-06-23, 09:36 PM   #3
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbrad View Post
How much does WEG owe you and do you think you'll get it?
WEG has a $50 minimum payout, and I've been getting checks from them once in a while all along since I signed up with them early, before I started using my business address/tax ID for programs. They don't currently owe me anything, but I've always done pretty well converting with them on their micro-niche sites and never had an issue with payouts.
Old 2010-06-23, 10:01 PM   #4
nekrom
Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? It's full of nerds!

Send a message via ICQ to nekrom
Wegcash closed their affiliate program last month though.

-N
Old 2010-06-23, 10:02 PM   #5
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrom View Post
Wegcash closed their affiliate program last month though.

-N
Ah, then the question makes more sense. I guess I got out clean, then, since they don't owe me jack