Greenguy's Board

WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-02-11, 09:06 PM   #26
KG Gary
I can now put whatever I want in this space

Done.
Freesite lesson #784 has now been learned - Don't hotlink anything.
Thanks for your help Swedguy.
KG Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 09:45 PM   #27
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Gary
Done.
Freesite lesson #784 has now been learned - Don't hotlink anything.
Thanks for your help Swedguy.
Having fun yet Gary???
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 10:27 PM   #28
KG Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum
Having fun yet Gary???

No. I mean yes.
It's sooooooooo much more complicated than I imagined. You folks who submit freesites, plus TGPs, plus run a Link List, and review here and there, plus all of the other things must have an extra seven hours in your day or something.
Old 2006-02-11, 10:38 PM   #29
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Gary

No. I mean yes.
It's sooooooooo much more complicated than I imagined. You folks who submit freesites, plus TGPs, plus run a Link List, and review here and there, plus all of the other things must have an extra seven hours in your day or something.
Nah...just had to move sleep to the unnecessary list

The learning curve for someone trying to start out doing it the right way is a little steep in the beginning. But trust me, it'll get easier and easier as you go along
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 12:29 AM   #30
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

lol....sleep? what's sleep?

Right now while I continue to do the upgrade version to 69toplinks, I'm averaging 16 hours a day just on that Then, there's the web design business I also do, then the toplist site, then and then and then....hehe.

But you know what? I would not give it up to go back to the restaurant job I slaved for little for so many years.
Old 2006-02-12, 05:28 AM   #31
KG Gary

Yeah, that learning curve is pretty steep. Kind of, well, er, vertical.

Quote:
I would not give it up to go back to the restaurant job I slaved for little for so many years
So far I have to agree. I enjoy just about every part of what I'm doing, even the mundane stuff. A year down the line I might disagree, but I doubt it.
Old 2006-02-12, 06:13 PM   #32
Mr Exotic
rifuckingdiculous

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Exotic Send a message via AIM to Mr Exotic
Yep there are times this biz can really feel shitty. But all you gotta do is think about what you would be having to do it it wasnt for this biz. Lets see how shitty does sorting out recips, making free sites, and submitting them seem if you compare it to slaving your ass off in a factory for 40 hours or more a week.

I've been in this biz since 1999, I have been on top of the world and I have been broke as hell and on a couple occasions had to pick up an odd job here and there a few times to make ends meet. Of course the times things fell apart on me it was always my fault. I used to make 700-800 dollars a day on my CJ sites back in 2000, then when the whole CJ scene fell a part in 2000 I reinvented myself and made a killing off celeb traffic trading sites using dialers, then dialers died (back then it sucked but thank god it happened). I was like 21 years old and used to making over 10-12k/month and the next thing I know I was broke as a joke. Wanna talk about some deep dark days. It took me a long time to pull myself together. But for about 2 years now I have made a full time living doing adult again with galleries and just started a free site network. I guess my biggest advice on being in this biz is that things that come easy can go away just as easy (like my cj sites). Things that take months and even years to build up (like submitting galleries for 2 years, and working everyday and keeping with free sites for the long haul) is what you need to make a stable long term living off of in this business.