Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-06-22, 07:45 PM   #1
annie_cash
Hello, is this President Clinton? Good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you

Send a message via ICQ to annie_cash
Planning trip over Europe

Hi everyone, In September Ill make a trip over some european countries. I know some of you had been there and some actually live there so maybe I can get advices of cool places to visit. Im not only looking for the classic places but also rare interesting ones (the hardest to find) so if you know something Im all ears.

I'll be on: Spain (Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona), France (Paris), Belgium (Brussels), Netherlands (Amsterdam) and England (London).

By the way, Im making the trip all by myself so Im exited since Ive never made any big trip all alone (though I know people on most of the places Im visting)
Old 2009-06-23, 03:51 AM   #2
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

If you're going to Belgium, you should visit Antwerp or Bruges. Both a lot nicer than Brussels.

Cheers
Old 2009-06-23, 02:07 PM   #3
John-ACWM
Hello, is this President Clinton? Good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you

Paris is really beautiful!Spain is full of history.Enjoy your trip!

Quality live cams Xlovecam
John-ACWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 08:49 PM   #4
Adult Web Host
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

That's really cool that' you're going there. I've never been past Canada.

Oh well, guess I don't get out enough.
Old 2009-06-23, 10:57 PM   #5
annie_cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
If you're going to Belgium, you should visit Antwerp or Bruges. Both a lot nicer than Brussels.

Cheers
Im going to Brussels because I have a friend there, I might go to Antwerp or Bruges as well, everythings possible
Old 2009-06-24, 12:33 AM   #6
jacklynlick
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to jacklynlick
In Paris, a place that is quite popular, but, not super mainstream is Pere Lachaise (I think that is the spelling). It's the cememtary where Jim Morrison is buried, but, beyond that.............. it is one of the most incredible cemeteries I have ever seen. It's amazing, truly. I only gave myself about 3 hours, and I wished I had given myself the entire day to visit there. They sell maps at the entrance, well worth it!

I love Europe, and France and Italy are two of my favorite countries. Also, learn to say, "Je parle francais comme une la vache espaniol" (spelling?) It means, "I speak French like a spanish cow". I started every sentence with that, and no one expected me to speak French very well! I love it there.

HAVE FUN GIRLFRIEND !!!!

Love,
Jax
jacklynlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 08:53 AM   #7
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
Amsterdam is easy, the minute you are arriving there will be exiting, you have to visite the "red light district" is fun there, oh and keep an eye on your bags, purse or whatever when you are in amsterdam, we have fast "pick pocket" thiefs
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 11:52 AM   #8
smutguy
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuveltje View Post
Amsterdam is easy, the minute you are arriving there will be exiting, you have to visite the "red light district" is fun there, oh and keep an eye on your bags, purse or whatever when you are in amsterdam, we have fast "pick pocket" thiefs
I have visited Belgium (Brussels), Netherlands (Amsterdam) and England (London).

Brussels was fun..Great beer and if you get a chance walk by the pisser...

Amsterdam was amazing even thou I was a victim of a pick pocket a few years back.. Damn they are good out there.. I would recommend seeing the Van Gogh museum, Sex museum, tattoo museum and the a canal ride to see the whole city.

I would recommend the Shakespeare Globe in London specially durning the summer plus all the normal attractions

Have a blast and take lots of pictures
smutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 01:14 PM   #9
annie_cash

Jacklynlick: Thanks, I'll visit that cemetery for sure!

Stuveltje: I just searched for Red Light district on Google, very interesting. and thanks for the advice

Smutguy: Great info you've got there! I'll search more about these places, sounds real fun (specially the tattoo and sex museums)
Old 2009-06-24, 04:36 PM   #10
hashbury
My name is hashbury not assburry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuveltje View Post
The red light district is the place ive been wanting to go to for years. If only my wife would let me go
Old 2009-06-24, 04:47 PM   #11
jacklynlick
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to jacklynlick
There's an interesting website called sacredsites.com

My girlfriend and I spent a month in France and Italy and based our whole trip around that website. Some of the places we went to, it just said, "cave where Saint Benedict sat in silence". But, we were game, so, we rocked on up there. On the way, we were thinking, 'what if we have to hike 2 miles into this place'. It ended up being this really cool castle with super old art work. It was full of the monks of St. Benedito, and one of the monks spoke English. We ended up getting this really nice tour of the castle, the cave, and the artwork with a huge history lesson. It was awesome!

Have fun!
Love,
Jax
jacklynlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 10:04 AM   #12
Saturnin
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Living in both Amsterdam and Brussels, I can maybe give a few hints:
Amsterdam
- Red Light District is interesting, but go at night and more watch the tourists than the girls; it is divided by, uhm, 'type' and price.
- Van Gogh Museum is nice, and down next to the Rijksmuseum.
- Have a look over in the Jordaan (opposite side of the canal from the Anne Frank Museum); very cute, very local. As for hotel, you can try Hotel van Onna which is over in this area and is E40 per night. (No TV or telephone though.)
- Skip the Dam area (it's crap), but do think about a boat ride. Bike riding is not for the faint of heat.

Brussels
- It's boring and most major sites can be covered in a day.
- Beer at the Chez Moeder Lambic is probably best (tell your friend it's opposite the St. Gilles city hall), although the tap room upstairs from the Delrium Bar (downstairs is no good) gives it a run for the money.
- The Magritte Museum just opened, and is in the same area as the Petite Sablon. (Good for chcocolate and antiques, Sat. market is also a plus.)
- Good places to see outside of Brussels are Gent and Bruges.

What are you most interested in seeing?
Saturnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 04:09 PM   #13
annie_cash

Saturnin thanks for all the tips! Answering your question, Im interested in seeing as much as I can, visiting cool places that include museums, art expos, underground night clubs, nice views of the city, etc..
Old 2009-07-01, 12:31 PM   #14
kickass
Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? It's full of nerds!

Bruges is really a cool place to visit in Belgium, if you like little towns you'd probably want to check out Marken and Volendam in the Netherlands.
Old 2009-07-01, 12:40 PM   #15
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnin View Post
Living in both Amsterdam and Brussels, I can maybe give a few hints:

- Skip the Dam area (it's crap), but do think about a boat ride. Bike riding is not for the faint of heat.
oh fuck off, the dam is nice, alot of birds and all, how long did you live there, the dam is just a nice place where people come around and relax...thats why the dam is famouse thing in amsterdam, you have to be there just ones, and what i dont see anyone posting here...even i dont smoke weed, get around the coffee shops...you dont have to smoke weed, but its the reason why amsterdam is famouse for and now you still can check them, because soon the new rule in holland will be around, all coffee shops will get closed, same as the red light district and btw thats why the red light district is famouse...not because of the girls but because of the tourists, you see people there walking age 16 till 70...that red light district has a history....

Last edited by stuveltje; 2009-07-01 at 12:48 PM..
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 03:37 PM   #16
LD
wtfwjd?

I don't know if you're in Europe now, but your submit page doesn't seem to be working.