Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-09-17, 03:05 PM   #1
jscott
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in

Send a message via ICQ to jscott
your traffic comments from newsletter

hey guys, i just read the GG&J weekly email, about the section "To Count or Not to Count" i've seen my server stats for my sites and alls it shows is traffic amounts and not referrers (ie link exchanges, bookmarks, typeins, & SE).

my question is: is there a way to get server stats with all the referrer info included? SE breakdowns etc?

thanks.

and if you didnt read the email here is the topic i was referrring to:

"To Count or Not to Count"

Knowing how much traffic you are getting and where it is coming from is very important in this business. It gives us the ability to see which TGPs and Link Trades are working and which ones are not. Once we have that information, decideing where to submit your future sites becomes easier.

As always, if you have access to your server's stats, it's best to use them instead of counters hosted elsewhere. You will find that they are much more accurate and you will not lose any of your traffic from banners that are called counters.

So, if you have server stats, get rid of the outside counters. If you don't have server stats, ask your host if you can get some. If you are forced to use an outside counter, look at them closely.

Have a Great Day
Greenguy And Jim