Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Search Engines
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2010-07-16, 12:22 PM   #1
cthulhu_waves
Banned

Yahoo to Begin Testing Bing-Powered Results This Month

The Microsoft/Yahoo deal is finally underway. But is it just me or is Microsoft using Yahoo as a guinea pig? You guys think this partnership is temporary or a lasting one?

Quote:
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Yahoo has confirmed it will be testing Bing powered results in its live search results.

The company said in a statement, “Though much of our testing is already happening offline, this month we’ll also test the delivery of organic and paid search results provided by Microsoft on live Yahoo traffic.”

The statement was part of an email Yahoo sent discussing some of the organic Yahoo-to-Bing transaction topics that are on the mind of its advertisers.

Yahoo said the “testing volumes will fluctuate during this period” and it will make sure to keep “paid search volume in particular kept low,” as to not impact advertisers.

The switch over will happen sometime in August or September and possibly later if testing doesn’t go well.
Read the entire article here.
cthulhu_waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 12:27 PM   #2
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Considering I get half decent traffic from Yahoo and shit from Bing, this does not make me happy. That could all just be a result of not many people searching Bing, though.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 12:49 PM   #3
ArtWilliams
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to ArtWilliams
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Considering I get half decent traffic from Yahoo and shit from Bing, this does not make me happy.
+1

Bing is and not just because it is M$.
ArtWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:15 AM   #4
davion
Trying is the first step towards failure

That was a long rumors about the combination of the two SEs. But as of now nothing happened. When will it be one?
davion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 10:20 AM   #5
Gyongyos
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

I get only 30% of my website traffic from search engines because my main keyword is not a very highly searched one (but I get loads of traffic from forums). Less than 20% of this traffic comes from Yahoo (so this is just 6% of my total traffic) so this is not really going to affect my website nor my traffic.

It is nice to see that they mixed because now Yahoo's service is double B/S. I will never focus on optimizing my website to Yahoo because they are spending too much importance on the domain name, so new website don't really have chance to rank good.

I feel that both Yahoo and Bing will fail soon because they start to lose visitors and webmasters no longer care about optimizing their website to any of them (because of the small amount of traffic.)