Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-10-05, 03:13 PM   #26
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
Nope, the USA doesn't have WW, WAO, bijstand, etc. there's no social security at all, as far as I remember. So if your house gets taken, you're up that fabled creek without a paddle, because the only help you can get is either from friends or relatives willing to put you up until you get back on your feet.

Wait for this stuff to kick off in Holland as well though, given that Fortis had to get their asses bailed out to the tune of 4 billion, the AEX taking a plunge... shitty situation.
oh and i forgot to mention, WW, WAO, OAW and more of those things we have, those we pay ourself for, when you have a job at a boss, you are forched to pay an amound a month from your salary to pay for those things, and yep those things will give you money income again, for when you get hurt and you wont be able to work anymore, or your boss fired you or you have reach the old age, it are insurances, those are the forched things we dutchies are paying for, but for a reason, that has nothing to do with the thing which is going on now, for those things the goverment will pop in and have a couple of money pots for, i remember that time that the european goverment didnt like all those money reserves holland had, well they have them for an reason.
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:43 PM   #27
dareutwo
You can't disprove anything with evidence that doesn't exist

When I first moved up here from the Twin Cities, my job was to clean out those houses.
The company I worked for used to have a discount barn type of place they used to sell stuff, but found out after a few years it really isn't worth the time.
(it's tough selling a couch on ebay)
After enough houses, you get immune to basically whatever is inside the house. You're there to protect the house, not the stuff.
Quickest way is to call a dumpster and get rid of it.